* one TODO for multiple projects
@ 2008-01-18 16:45 Erik Colson
From: Erik Colson @ 2008-01-18 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm thinking about moving from planner to org-mode. Particularly for the outline and better file formatting.
I've been reading through the doc and I'm missing a feature of planner. In planner we can create a todo which can be bound to multiple projects. So if it is marked completed in one project it is also in the other projects.

Can this be done in org-mode ?

Thanks
--
Erik

* Re: one TODO for multiple projects
@ 2008-01-18 22:23 ` Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2008-01-18 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Colson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jan 18, 2008 10:45 AM, Erik Colson <eco@ecocode.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking about moving from planner to org-mode. Particularly for the outline and better file formatting.
> I've been reading through the doc and I'm missing a feature of planner. In planner we can create a todo which can be bound to multiple projects. So if it is marked completed in one project it is also in the other projects.
>
> Can this be done in org-mode ?

I guess it depends on how you implement a project.  The way I do it,
it just an outline item and the todo under it belong to it.  I can't
do what you want.  You could use the outline for some arbitrary
grouping and associate a todo with project using tags.  Maybe others
have found other ways.

Edd

* Re: one TODO for multiple projects
@ 2008-01-21 14:41 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-01-21 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Colson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jan 18, 2008, at 5:45 PM, Erik Colson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking about moving from planner to org-mode. Particularly for
> the outline and better file formatting.
> I've been reading through the doc and I'm missing a feature of
> planner. In planner we can create a todo which can be bound to
> multiple projects. So if it is marked completed in one project it is
> also in the other projects.
>
> Can this be done in org-mode ?

Not in a similar way like in Planner.

However, you could set up an outline subtree with such general tasks
ad then, in the projects, have links to those tasks.

- Carsten