* Prevent titles from appearing in export to html
@ 2009-11-10 18:19 Saptarshi Guha
From: Saptarshi Guha @ 2009-11-10 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
I primarily use org-mode for filling in content for my website(though
I plan on using it for much more). I would like the <title> tag to not
be created in the html export.
Is there a way to do this?

I tried writing (in my css)
title {
 height:0;
 overflow:invisible;
}

but that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Much thanks
Saptarshi

* Re: Prevent titles from appearing in export to html
@ 2009-11-10 18:33 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-11-10 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sguha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Saptarshi Guha <saptarshi.guha@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I primarily use org-mode for filling in content for my website(though
> I plan on using it for much more). I would like the <title> tag to not
> be created in the html export.
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> I tried writing (in my css)
> title {
>  height:0;
>  overflow:invisible;
> }
>
> but that doesn't work.
>
> Any ideas?

Try adding
#+TITLE:

-Bernt

* Re: Prevent titles from appearing in export to html
@ 2009-11-10 18:44   ` Saptarshi Guha
From: Saptarshi Guha @ 2009-11-10 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
I did try this, but it still appears in the html export (taking the
first line from text before the first h1)

Regards
Saptarshi

@ 2009-11-10 18:58     ` Bill Powell
From: Bill Powell @ 2009-11-10 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sguha; +Cc: Bernt Hansen, emacs-orgmode

+++ Saptarshi Guha [10/11/09 13:44 -0500]:
> Hello,
> I did try this, but it still appears in the html export (taking the
> first line from text before the first h1)
>
> Regards
> Saptarshi
>

> > Try adding
> > #+TITLE:
> >
> > -Bernt

Saptarshi,

Did you try using export options?

The manual has many other useful options under
Exporting ->
Export options

Hope this helps,
Bill

http://stmarysmessenger.com : New Catholic magazine for kids!
http://wineskinmedia.com : Books and sites crafted with care.
http://billpowellisalive.com : Man found alive with two legs.

* Re: Re: Prevent titles from appearing in export to html
@ 2009-11-10 18:59     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-10 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sguha; +Cc: Bernt Hansen, emacs-orgmode

On Nov 10, 2009, at 7:44 PM, Saptarshi Guha wrote:

> Hello,
> I did try this, but it still appears in the html export (taking the
> first line from text before the first h1)

Hi,

Do you have a recent version of Org-mode????

I cannot reproduce this problem.

- Carsten

> Regards
> Saptarshi
>

>> Try adding
>> #+TITLE:
>>
>> -Bernt

- Carsten

* Re: Prevent titles from appearing in export to html
@ 2009-11-10 19:10       ` Saptarshi Guha
From: Saptarshi Guha @ 2009-11-10 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Powell; +Cc: Bernt Hansen, emacs-orgmode

Hello,
I probably confused everybody. The
#+TITLE:
affects the <title> tag.

My apologies, what I wanted to remove was the <h1 class="title"> tag.
Which i managed via

h1.title{
    color:white;
    text-indent : -9999px;