* Xemacs installation, some clarification (21.4 and 21.5)
@ 2010-10-14 10:19 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2010-10-14 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello

It seems that even the most recent org version can be
compiled either under Xemacs 21.5.X or under Xemacs
21.4.X[1], provided the following two criteria are met:

    -  The Makefile is modified like this:

,----
| BATCH=$(EMACS) -batch -q -no-site-file -eval                             			\
|   "(setq load-path (cons (expand-file-name \"./lisp/\") (cons(expand-file-name \"./xemacs\") (cons \"$(lispdir)\" load-path))))"
`----

    -  org-freemind is modified by commenting out the
       (require 'rx)!

It is important to note, that rx cannot be used. I loaded rx
and tried to compile org-freemind  (with require 'rx)
or I included rx in the xemacs directory and run the Make
file in all cases I obtained.

,----
| While compiling org-freemind-convert-links-from-org:
|   !! Wrong type argument ((listp ?\[))
`----

Which looks serious.

In any case with this workaround some functionality is
missed but you obtain a working org installation.

I suggest to add this to the documentation in

http://orgmode.org/Changes.html#sec-1_1_2

regards

Uwe Brauer
Footnotes:
[1]  I only tried it with mule support I am not sure about
     No Mule.