* S-right reflected in Agenda buffer ?
@ 2006-11-19 12:04 Pete Phillips
From: Pete Phillips @ 2006-11-19 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten

I frequently use the Shift-Right arrow key in an agenda buffer to
reschedule next actions. However, due to my goldfish-like memory, I
think I have used the wrong key combination, as when I press
"<shift>-<right>" the date in the agenda buffer doesn't change (I know -
the mini-buffer displays the changes - but I forget).

Is it possible to update the timestamp as it changes in the agenda
buffer ? I know it will therefore have a scheduled or deadline date
which is not correct for its location in the agenda buffer at that time,
but personally I could live with that, as I could make changes to all
the action items that have been scheduled or deadlined for that week,
then hit 'r' to refresh the buffer.

Regards
Pete
--
Pete Phillips, Acting Director,     |   http://www.smtl.co.uk/
Surgical Materials Testing Lab,     |   http://www.worldwidewounds.com/

* Re: S-right reflected in Agenda buffer ?
@ 2006-11-19 16:47 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-11-19 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pete; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I guess you are using a setup where the DEADLINE is in the headline
itself, not in the following line?  For this case I could reasonable do
an update of the line, but this would not solve the problem for people
with a different setup.  Needs some thinking.

- Carsten

On Nov 19, 2006, at 13:04, Pete Phillips wrote:

> Hi Carsten
>
> I frequently use the Shift-Right arrow key in an agenda buffer to
> reschedule next actions. However, due to my goldfish-like memory, I
> think I have used the wrong key combination, as when I press
> "<shift>-<right>" the date in the agenda buffer doesn't change (I know
> -
> the mini-buffer displays the changes - but I forget).
>
> Is it possible to update the timestamp as it changes in the agenda
> buffer ? I know it will therefore have a scheduled or deadline date
> which is not correct for its location in the agenda buffer at that
> time,
> but personally I could live with that, as I could make changes to all
> the action items that have been scheduled or deadlined for that week,
> then hit 'r' to refresh the buffer.
>
> Regards
> Pete
> --