* logbook file?
@ 2019-03-26 16:27 Lawrence Bottorff
From: Lawrence Bottorff @ 2019-03-26 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

So I can add a logbook entry to my org file with C-c C-z and it goes into a
logbook drawer on that file. Is there a way to associate that entry with an
external file? That is, can I have all logbook entries automatically be
written to, say, a logbook.org file. Or, is there a quick way to simply
tangle out all logbook entries?

Isn't there something similar with a notes.org file?

LB

* Re: logbook file?
@ 2019-03-26 22:04 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2019-03-26 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

nothing is built into org for this.

you would have to define the mapping from the entry to the logbook.
or you could specify one entry to be your global logbook.

you might be thinking of

org-default-notes-file is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Original value was "~/.notes"

that is unrelated to logbook.  however, you could commandeer that
mechanism if you wanted.

the word notes is used ambiguously.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

What is misopathy?
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html

The disease DOES progress. MANY people have died from it. And ANYBODY
can get it at any time.

* Re: logbook file?
@ 2019-03-26 22:05   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2019-03-26 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

example of commandeering that mechanism would be to create notes in this format:

***** CONVERSATION [2019-03-26 Tue 15:05] what is in rice noodles

--

@ 2019-03-27 10:56     ` Georgios Kaklamanos
From: Georgios Kaklamanos @ 2019-03-27 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)