* how to make org-clock-in close the files it opens
@ 2011-08-02 13:18 Julian Burgos
From: Julian Burgos @ 2011-08-02 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

When using org-clock-in, all files in my agenda list are opened.  This
makes sense, as org mode is looking for clocks already opened.  But it
is possible to make org mode to close all these files?  I do keep lots
of files in my agenda, and it is a pain to have to close them by hand.
Many thanks,

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute

* Re: how to make org-clock-in close the files it opens
@ 2011-08-02 16:45 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-08-02 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julian Burgos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Julian Burgos <jmburgos@uw.edu> writes:

> When using org-clock-in, all files in my agenda list are opened.  This
> makes sense, as org mode is looking for clocks already opened.  But it
> is possible to make org mode to close all these files?

I was going to suggest M-x org-agenda-exit, but that does not work
because neither org-resolve-clocks nor org-find-open-clocks add the
files they open to org-agenda-new-buffers.

As a workaround you could feed a list of files to org-release-buffers.

> I do keep lots of files in my agenda, and it is a pain to have to
> close them by hand. Many thanks,

Might I ask why you would like to close your agenda files? They will be
reopened when you call the agenda.

Best,
Matt