emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* BUG docu org-babel-default-header-args
@ 2013-03-27 10:58 Andreas Röhler
  2013-04-05 17:14 ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2013-03-27 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

http://orgmode.org/manual/System_002dwide-header-arguments.html#System_002dwide-header-arguments
Org Mode Info
System-wide header arguments
............................

System-wide values of header arguments can be specified by customizing
the `org-babel-default-header-args' variable:

;;;;;

Seems not the case as in ob-core.el

(defvar org-babel-default-header-args

;;;;;

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: BUG docu org-babel-default-header-args
  2013-03-27 10:58 BUG docu org-babel-default-header-args Andreas Röhler
@ 2013-04-05 17:14 ` Bastien
  2013-04-05 17:56   ` Andreas Röhler
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-05 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

> http://orgmode.org/manual/System_002dwide-header-arguments.html#System_002dwide-header-arguments
> Org Mode Info
> System-wide header arguments
> ............................
>
> System-wide values of header arguments can be specified by customizing
> the `org-babel-default-header-args' variable:
>
> ;;;;;
>
> Seems not the case as in ob-core.el
>
> (defvar org-babel-default-header-args
>
> ;;;;;

Not sure what you mean -- do you mean that saying "customizing" in the
manual is not appropriate because `org-babel-default-header-args' is a 
variable (defvar) and not an option (defcustom)?

Thanks for further clarification!

-- 
 Bastien

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: BUG docu org-babel-default-header-args
  2013-04-05 17:14 ` Bastien
@ 2013-04-05 17:56   ` Andreas Röhler
  2013-04-05 18:08     ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2013-04-05 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 05.04.2013 19:14, schrieb Bastien:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:
>
>> http://orgmode.org/manual/System_002dwide-header-arguments.html#System_002dwide-header-arguments
>> Org Mode Info
>> System-wide header arguments
>> ............................
>>
>> System-wide values of header arguments can be specified by customizing
>> the `org-babel-default-header-args' variable:
>>
>> ;;;;;
>>
>> Seems not the case as in ob-core.el
>>
>> (defvar org-babel-default-header-args
>>
>> ;;;;;
>
> Not sure what you mean -- do you mean that saying "customizing" in the
> manual is not appropriate because `org-babel-default-header-args' is a
> variable (defvar) and not an option (defcustom)?
>
> Thanks for further clarification!
>

Hi Bastien,

customization needs a defcustom, not a defvar

(defvar org-babel-default-header-args
   '((:session . "none") (:results . "replace") (:exports . "code")
     (:cache . "no") (:noweb . "no") (:hlines . "no") (:tangle . "no")
     (:padnewline . "yes"))
   "Default arguments to use when evaluating a source block.")

This var user can't customize, as Info tells falsely.

Cheers,

Andreas

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: BUG docu org-babel-default-header-args
  2013-04-05 17:56   ` Andreas Röhler
@ 2013-04-05 18:08     ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-05 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

> customization needs a defcustom, not a defvar
>
> (defvar org-babel-default-header-args
>   '((:session . "none") (:results . "replace") (:exports . "code")
>     (:cache . "no") (:noweb . "no") (:hlines . "no") (:tangle . "no")
>     (:padnewline . "yes"))
>   "Default arguments to use when evaluating a source block.")
>
> This var user can't customize, as Info tells falsely.

I see.  I fixed the manual instead of turning
`org-babel-default-header-args' into an option.

Thanks,

-- 
 Bastien

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2013-04-05 18:09 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2013-03-27 10:58 BUG docu org-babel-default-header-args Andreas Röhler
2013-04-05 17:14 ` Bastien
2013-04-05 17:56   ` Andreas Röhler
2013-04-05 18:08     ` Bastien

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).