* Controlling exported Beamer quote indentation / width
@ 2016-08-09  8:05 Jarmo Hurri
From: Jarmo Hurri @ 2016-08-09  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings.

Currently in my Beamer slides quotes in second-level lists get cropped
outside the view window. Attached is a demo of this. How do I control
the indentation and/or the width of the quote?

As an interesting side effect, the attached file takes ages (like 30
seconds of processor time) to be exported and opened as a PDF, while
much larger files get processed in just a few seconds. No idea why this
is the case.

Jarmo

[-- Attachment #2: quote problem demo --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 415 bytes --]

#+STARTUP: beamer

#+TITLE: Quoting indentation demo
#+LANGUAGE: en
#+SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+BEAMER_THEME: Madrid
#+BEAMER_FONT_THEME: serif

* This is what I am talking about
  - top level list
    - second level list
      #+BEGIN_QUOTE
      The indentation of this quote is already such that any longer
      text will be cut outside the screen. How do I control this?
      #+END_QUOTE

* Re: Controlling exported Beamer quote indentation / width
       [not found] <8c2e9a60e8324ecd82cfda1a3518c34f@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2016-08-10 11:06 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-08-10 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarmo Hurri; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tuesday,  9 Aug 2016 at 09:05, Jarmo Hurri wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Currently in my Beamer slides quotes in second-level lists get cropped
> outside the view window. Attached is a demo of this. How do I control
> the indentation and/or the width of the quote?

This is really a LaTeX question.  Quote environments are not really
designed to be within lists.  Either put it at a top level heading
(within the frame, of course) or embed it within a minipage of an
appropriate width.

> As an interesting side effect, the attached file takes ages (like 30
> seconds of processor time) to be exported and opened as a PDF, while
> much larger files get processed in just a few seconds. No idea why
> this
> is the case.

works fine for me.  maybe export to beamer and then run pdflatex on the
result to see with step is to blame?

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.5.1, Org release_8.3.2-164-g50a182