* Bug: Setting org-export-use-babel to nil causes exporting to ignore :exports header
@ 2017-09-13 22:42 Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2017-09-13 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0, Carbon Version 157 AppKit 1504.83)
 of 2017-08-28
Package: Org mode version 9.1 (9.1-20-ga4f139-elpa @ /Users/stanton/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170911/)

I typically set org-export-use-babel to nil, to prevent all the code
cells being executed on export. However, if this variable is set, org
export both code and results for each cell, regardless of the setting of
the :exports header option. Withoput this variable being set, exporting
correctly obeys the :exports directives in the cell headers.

Richard Stanton

* Re: Bug: Setting org-export-use-babel to nil causes exporting to ignore :exports header
@ 2017-09-14 12:58 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-09-14 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stanton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Richard Stanton <stanton@haas.berkeley.edu> writes:

> Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0, Carbon Version 157 AppKit 1504.83)
>  of 2017-08-28
> Package: Org mode version 9.1 (9.1-20-ga4f139-elpa @ /Users/stanton/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170911/)
>
> I typically set org-export-use-babel to nil, to prevent all the code
> cells being executed on export. However, if this variable is set, org
> export both code and results for each cell, regardless of the setting of
> the :exports header option. Withoput this variable being set, exporting
> correctly obeys the :exports directives in the cell headers.

Here is `org-export-use-babel' docstring:

  Switch controlling code evaluation and header processing during
  export. When set to nil no code will be evaluated as part of the
  export process and no header arguments will be obeyed. Users who wish
  to avoid evaluating code on export should use the header argument
  ‘:eval never-export’.

So you need to use ":eval never-export", not that variable.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Bug: Setting org-export-use-babel to nil causes exporting to ignore :exports header
@ 2017-09-14 14:42   ` Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2017-09-14 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks, Nicolas. It looks like the default behavior changed at some point but it could have been some while ago...

Sent from my iPad