* Bug: org-table-wrap-region incorrectly places the wrapped region [9.4 (9.4-elpaplus @ /home/marko/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200914/)]
@ 2020-09-23 16:39 Marko Schuetz-Schmuck
From: Marko Schuetz-Schmuck @ 2020-09-23 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.22, cairo version 1.17.3)
 of 2020-08-28
Package: Org mode version 9.4 (9.4-elpaplus @ /home/marko/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200914/)

I'm using multi-line fields in org tables. When I wrap such a field
there are unexpected results:

Marking the region from the 'I' of "Includes" to the space just left of
the right bottom column border and calling org-table-wrap-region

| Includes all aspects of    |
| information about          |
| proposed project.          |

wraps correctly to

| Includes all aspects |
| of information about |
| proposed project.    |

But when I mark the same region in this table

|----------------------------|
| Includes all aspects of    |
| information about          |
| proposed project.          |

it results in an error message "Not in table data field".

Initially I observed such unexpected behaviors with more complex
situations where the field was in a column further to the right. But it
seems it's the same problem.

Best regards,

Marko

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Bug: org-table-wrap-region incorrectly places the wrapped region [9.4 (9.4-elpaplus @ /home/marko/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200914/)]
  2020-09-23 16:39 Bug: org-table-wrap-region incorrectly places the wrapped region [9.4 (9.4-elpaplus @ /home/marko/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200914/)] Marko Schuetz-Schmuck
@ 2020-09-24  7:44 ` Jeremie Juste
From: Jeremie Juste @ 2020-09-24  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marko Schuetz-Schmuck; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Marko,

Thanks for reporting. Unexpected behavior of (org-table-wrap-region)
confirmed.

works fine with
> | Includes all aspects of    |
> | information about          |
> | proposed project.          |

Error: user-error: Not in table data field
with header line
> |----------------------------|
> | Includes all aspects of    |
> | information about          |
> | proposed project.          |

Best regards
Jeremie

Org mode version 9.4
GNU Emacs 28.0.50

@ 2021-05-02  3:47 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-05-02  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marko Schuetz-Schmuck; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marko,

Marko Schuetz-Schmuck <marko.schutz@upr.edu> writes:

> Marking the region from the 'I' of "Includes" to the space just left of
> the right bottom column border and calling org-table-wrap-region
>
> | Includes all aspects of    |
> | information about          |
> | proposed project.          |
>
> wraps correctly to
>
> | Includes all aspects |
> | of information about |
> | proposed project.    |
>
> But when I mark the same region in this table

> | Includes all aspects of    |
> | information about          |
> | proposed project.          |
>
> it results in an error message "Not in table data field".

Fixed in maint with commit eedbe286e, thanks again for reporting this.

--
 Bastien