From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
To: Maske <maske1foro@gmail.com>
Cc: Org-mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [FR] A more general case than footnotes
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 09:18:26 +0000	[thread overview]

Maske <maske1foro@gmail.com> writes:

>>> *[n:102@978-84-362-7195-9]* The hash character is important in orgmode.
>> May you explain the purpose of @978-84-... part?
>> You seem to assume that a footnote always has a single reference,
>> which may or may not be the case in practice.
>
> If there would be more than one reference, a behavior like that of footnotes would be appropriate?

If this was a question to me, I do not fully understand it.

> The purpose of the @978-84-... part:
> @978-84-362-7195-9 would work like the ID for internal links: [[id:978-84-362-7195-9]]. That would allow jumping to the correct heading from any file.

> I am not a programmer, so the syntax I am sure could be more solid.  Example:
>

> ** Reference in file A
> :PROPERTIES:
> :ID:       978-84-362-7195-9
> :END:
> A “comment line” starts with a hash character (#) [n:102@978-84-362-7195-9] and either a whitespace character or the immediate end of the line.
>

> ** Notes in file B
> [[id:978-84-362-7195-9]]: Link to heading in file A
>
> [n:102@978-84-362-7195-9]: Link to an exact point in file A. Where the point is defined by the LABEL 102, and the file can be find thanks to the ID 978-84-362-7195-9

I am a bit confused.
Do you propose footnotes to have definition in different file? Or do you
want a link to arbitrary point in different file?

For footnotes, we will need to arrange export to search the definition
and include it into the exported file, while links have different set of
requirements.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,