* Bug: Errors when saving from babel block [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170210/)]
@ 2017-03-09 16:07 Alex Branham
From: Alex Branham @ 2017-03-09 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In the latest org release (9.0.5), I get errors when trying to save a buffer while editing inside a babel source block. I can reproduce this using Emacs 25.1 and 25.2rc2.

Using:

emacs -Q -l ~/org-debug.el

where org-debug.el just consists of (package-initialize) since I've previously installed org 9.0.5 using ELPA:

Open an org file,

Try to edit an org file:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(+ 1 2)
#+END_SRC

Navigate inside the source block, press C-c '

Then try to save: C-x C-s

I get a fontification error at that point and the file does not save. If I use my whole config, this apparently snowballs into larger errors which sometimes cause Emacs to crash.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.9)
 of 2017-03-09
Package: Org mode version 9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170210/)

* Re: Bug: Errors when saving from babel block [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170210/)]
@ 2017-04-01  8:29 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-04-01  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Branham; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Alex Branham <alex.branham@gmail.com> writes:

> In the latest org release (9.0.5), I get errors when trying to save a buffer while editing inside a babel source block. I can reproduce this using Emacs 25.1 and 25.2rc2.
>
> Using:
>
> emacs -Q -l ~/org-debug.el
>
> where org-debug.el just consists of (package-initialize) since I've previously installed org 9.0.5 using ELPA:
>
> Open an org file,
>
> Try to edit an org file:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (+ 1 2)
> #+END_SRC
>
> Navigate inside the source block, press C-c '
>
> Then try to save: C-x C-s
>
> I get a fontification error at that point and the file does not save. If I use my whole config, this apparently snowballs into larger errors which sometimes cause Emacs to crash.

If I'm not mistaken. This was fixed about two weeks ago, in commit
0ccd8286a1973f3efc51c3ffe4329fa676e0e937.

So, it should land in Org 9.0.6.

Nicolas Goaziou