* Time intervals with org-read-date
@ 2018-09-07 11:26 adolfo villafiorita
From: adolfo villafiorita @ 2018-09-07 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
I am trying to write a template to enter an entry with start and
end time, that is, something like <2018-10-09 11:00-12:00>.

The capture template I have at the moment is:

("a" "Agenda Entry" entry (file+headline ,(concat
(file-name-as-directory org-directory) "agenda.org") "Agenda")
         "**** %? %^G\n %^{LOCATION}p %^{ATTENDEES}p\n
         <%(org-read-date t)>")

However, I am having problems with org-read-date.

More specifically, when using the template:

- I can correctly enter an entry with date and time.  That is, if
  I type something like: "2018-09-10 11:00" in the modeline, the
  timestamp generated is <2018-09-10 11:00> (as expected)

- I cannot create an entry with a time interval: the timestamp
  returned by org-read-date has the current time instead of the
  interval entered in the modeline.  That is, if I type in the
  modeline something like "2018-09-10 11:00-12:00", the timestamp
  generated is <2018-09-10 14:14>, assuming 14:14 is the current
  time.

This seems odd, since the date printed right of => in the modeline
seems to recognize the interval correctly.

Is this the intended behavior of org-read-date?

... and, more to the point, any suggestion on how to fix the
template?

    thanks in advance!
    -adolfo

Le informazioni contenute nella presente comunicazione sono di natura
privata e come tali sono da considerarsi riservate ed indirizzate
esclusivamente ai destinatari indicati e per le finalità strettamente
legate al relativo contenuto. Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per
errore, vi preghiamo di eliminarlo e di inviare una comunicazione
all'indirizzo e-mail del mittente.

--
The information transmitted is
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you received this in

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-09-07 11:27 UTC | newest]