* Question Regarding Routinely Importing Phone Note Org File Into Other Org File Under Subheadings
@ 2023-08-20 16:15 Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2023-08-20 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hey there,

So I'm in the process of figuring out how I can sync my phone notes to my local file server with Syncthing occasionally. Basically 'phonenotes.org' from one machine to another. That being noted, I have another file called notes.org on my file server that basically lists completed tasks under a following format:

```

*COMPLETED TASKS 2023

** Week of 08-14-2023

*** Date

Completed task summary

```

In my actual phone notes file, I have this for an example:

```

Title: 08-15-2023

Recorded music

```

With this in mind, how do I facilitate the ability to routinely ingest any of the notes that are date based on the phone note title itself from Orgzly so that it automatically determines the Monday of the given week, creates a 'Week of (Starting Monday of that week)' subheading in the 'notes.org' file and slams that new note in there?

Sorry if it sounds complicated but I do this manually all the time and I wanted an easier way to do this programatically with Org Mode.

Thanks!

* Re: Question Regarding Routinely Importing Phone Note Org File Into Other Org File Under Subheadings
@ 2023-08-20 17:23 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-08-20 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Banya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Samuel Banya" <sbanya@fastmail.com> writes:

> In my actual phone notes file, I have this for an example:
>
> ```
>
> Title: 08-15-2023
>
> Recorded music
>
> ```
>
> With this in mind, how do I facilitate the ability to routinely ingest any of the notes that are date based on the phone note title itself from Orgzly so that it automatically determines the Monday of the given week, creates a 'Week of (Starting Monday of that week)' subheading in the 'notes.org' file and slams that new note in there?

You can use Elisp, for example.
1. Parse your note file to be ingested. You can use regular expressions.
2. Create a heading (using, for example lisp/org-datetree.el functions)
3. Put your note body under the heading.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,