* org-babel parenthesis tracking blinded by > in code block
@ 2020-07-11  9:10 Jeremie Juste
From: Jeremie Juste @ 2020-07-11  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I noticed that with show-paren-mode on in an org-mode buffer,
the following the opening parenthesis "(> (point) 0)" in the following
code block is not detected.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun re-search-and-replace-in-buffer (regex replacement)
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (goto-char  (buffer-end 0))
    (while (and (re-search-forward regex (buffer-end 1) t)
		(> (point) 0))
(replace-match replacement))
(save-buffer)
))
#+end_src

If your solution to this problem. I would appreciate if you  would could you document how you solved
the issue.

Best regards,

Jeremie

* Re: org-babel parenthesis tracking blinded by > in code block
@ 2020-07-11 12:00 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2020-07-11 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremie Juste; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Saturday, 11 Jul 2020 at 11:10, Jeremie Juste wrote:
> I noticed that with show-paren-mode on in an org-mode buffer,
> the following the opening parenthesis "(> (point) 0)" in the following
> code block is not detected.

[...]

> If your solution to this problem. I would appreciate if you would
> could you document how you solved the issue.

I have the following settings,

    (modify-syntax-entry ?< ".")
    (modify-syntax-entry ?> ".")

in my org mode hook.  This stops org from treating them as parenthesis.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.7-682-geac255

* Re: org-babel parenthesis tracking blinded by > in code block
@ 2020-07-14 18:35   ` Jeremie Juste
From: Jeremie Juste @ 2020-07-14 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Many thanks indeed,