* How can I set the maximum height of the other window created with org-agenda-follow-mode?
@ 2013-07-11 12:30 Trevor Murphy
From: Trevor Murphy @ 2013-07-11 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I like turning on agenda-follow-mode by default, but I don't like how it
automatically uses up half the frame real estate when it shows the other
window.

Is there a way to make that other window take only 25% of the frame?
Leaving the remainder for the actual agenda?  I didn't find any mention
in the documentation or the defcustoms in org.el and org-agenda.el.

I realize this may be a more emacs-general question about controlling
window configuration, but I'm also stuck on that front as well.  Google
searches about controlling emacs window size take me to SO answers for
how to maximize the frame on startup.
--
Trevor Murphy
GnuPG Key: 0xCB06EAAF

* Re: How can I set the maximum height of the other window created with org-agenda-follow-mode?
@ 2013-07-11 12:49 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-11 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Trevor,

Trevor Murphy <trevor.m.murphy@gmail.com> writes:

> I like turning on agenda-follow-mode by default, but I don't like how it
> automatically uses up half the frame real estate when it shows the other
> window.

C-h v org-agenda-window-frame-fractions RET

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: How can I set the maximum height of the other window created with org-agenda-follow-mode?
@ 2013-07-11 21:48   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-07-11 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Trevor,
>
> Trevor Murphy <trevor.m.murphy@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I like turning on agenda-follow-mode by default, but I don't like how it
>> automatically uses up half the frame real estate when it shows the other
>> window.
>
> C-h v org-agenda-window-frame-fractions RET
>
> HTH,

Bastien,

I am not sure if this actually addresses Trevor's question.  I think his
question is about the supplementary window that shows the agenda item
entry as you move about in the main agenda window.  That supplementary
window's size changes depending on the contents of the text within the
headline associated with an agenda item and, if the text is long enough,
the window can be quite large.

But, then again, I may have misunderstood the point...  in which case
just ignore my late night musings!

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.0.5-326-g325e40

* Re: How can I set the maximum height of the other window created with org-agenda-follow-mode?
@ 2013-07-12  0:05     ` Trevor Murphy
From: Trevor Murphy @ 2013-07-12  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric's correct.  My original message must not have been clear enough, my bad.

I did find org-agenda-window-frame-fractions, and I tried setting it to
 '(0.75 . 0.75).  On a lark I also tried '(0.9 . 0.9).  In those cases,
 the agenda window initially popped up at 75% and 90% of the frame,
 respectively (as expected), but as soon as I moved to an agenda item
 the follow window stole half the frame.
--

@ 2013-07-12  6:31       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-12  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Trevor,

Trevor Murphy <trevor.m.murphy@gmail.com> writes:

> Eric's correct.  My original message must not have been clear
> enough, my bad.

Yes -- I've read too fast.  I don't know about a good solution,
but maybe I've not looked hard enough...

Best,

--
 Bastien