* preview beamer frame in org/beamer
@ 2013-12-14 18:57 Mirko Vukovic
From: Mirko Vukovic @ 2013-12-14 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there a command to generate a pdf output of a single beamer frame?

The command would generate the latex file with the correct header, and a
single frame, and process it into a pdf file.

Thanks,

Mirko

* Re: preview beamer frame in org/beamer
@ 2013-12-15 22:40 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-12-15 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mirko Vukovic; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a command to generate a pdf output of a single beamer frame?
>
> The command would generate the latex file with the correct header, and a
> single frame, and process it into a pdf file.

I don't think this is possible as the headline levels affect structure
in beamer.

To be more precise, you can of course export just a subtree.  The result
may be enough to test out some aspects of the slide but not all as the
structure (sections, frame titles) will be lost.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.2.4-322-gece429

* Re: preview beamer frame in org/beamer
@ 2013-12-18  5:08 ` Aaron Ecay
From: Aaron Ecay @ 2013-12-18  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mirko Vukovic, emacs-orgmode

Hi Mirko,

2013ko abenudak 14an, Mirko Vukovic-ek idatzi zuen:

> Is there a command to generate a pdf output of a single beamer frame?
>
> The command would generate the latex file with the correct header, and a
> single frame, and process it into a pdf file.

You could do this partially with the \includeonlyframes command
(Sec. 4.3.3 of the Beamer manual).  This will cut down on the Latex
compilation time needed, but not the time used by org to export the
document to Latex, so if the bottleneck is expensive babel computations
(for example) this won’t help – but other things (e.g. babel’s cache)
might.

Such a command isn’t currently implemented; what would be needed would
be to:
1) find out the label of the \frame corresponding to the current
   headline
2) perform the usual export
3) insert \includeonlyframes{the-label-from-step-1} into the generated
   latex (just above the \begin{document} line should be fine)
4) compile as usual

--
Aaron Ecay