* Bug: startup latexpreview [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ /gnu/store/...-emacs-org-20170210/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d/org-20170210/)]
@ 2017-03-19 21:52 Diego Nicola Barbato
From: Diego Nicola Barbato @ 2017-03-19 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When opening an org-file in emacs which contains the in-buffer setting

"#+STARTUP: latexpreview"

the minibuffer displays

"Creating images for section...done"

instead of

"Creating images for buffer...done"

and the LaTeX fragments in the buffer are not converted to
images. However, if I type

"C-u C-u C-c C-x C-l"

or

"C-u C-u M-x org-toggle-latex-fragment RET"

Org behaves as expected, by converting all LaTeX fragments to images.

I believe this happens because in org.el on line 5682 the function
org-toggle-latex-fragment is called with no argument, which does only
create images for the current section. AFAICT org-toggle-latex-fragment
should be called with '(16) as argument.

The enclosed documents are a minimal setup for loading nothing but
orgmode (emacs -Q -l /path/to/minimal-org.el) and a simple test file
which produces the error I describe above.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.6)
 of 2017-03-04
Package: Org mode version 9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ /gnu/store/ky6z4kg7lq5g5w2ylyq692sc4ypx9vmr-emacs-org-20170210/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d/org-20170210/)

I hope you'll find this bug-report helpful

Diego N. Barbato

[-- Attachment #2: minimal setup --]

[-- Attachment #3: test file --]
[-- Type: text/x-org, Size: 129 bytes --]

#+STARTUP: latexpreview
* Formula 1
** a
   \[ \int\limits_a^b f(x) \, \mathrm{d}x \]
** b
   \[ \int_a^b f(x) \, \mathrm{d}x \]

@ 2017-03-19 22:00 Diego Nicola Barbato
From: Diego Nicola Barbato @ 2017-03-19 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[...]

P.S. I apologise for sending this report twice. The first time I forgot
to write a meaningful address into the From: field.

* Re: Bug: startup latexpreview [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpa @ /gnu/store/...-emacs-org-20170210/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d/org-20170210/)]
@ 2017-03-30 10:49 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-03-30 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Nicola Barbato; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Diego Nicola Barbato
<diego@GLaDOS.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me> writes:

> Hello,
>
> When opening an org-file in emacs which contains the in-buffer setting
>
> "#+STARTUP: latexpreview"
>
> the minibuffer displays
>
> "Creating images for section...done"
>
> instead of
>
> "Creating images for buffer...done"
>
> and the LaTeX fragments in the buffer are not converted to
> images.

Fixed. Thank you for the report and the analysis.

Nicolas Goaziou