* [bug] undo bunching in agenda
@ 2015-07-28  6:07 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2015-07-28  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

on repeated task i change state twice in agenda.  i ret to go to the
task.  i do undo only once, but both changes get undone.

thanks.

Ramsay's disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  And
ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.

* Re: [bug] undo bunching in agenda
@ 2015-07-28 12:48 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-07-28 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> on repeated task i change state twice in agenda.  i ret to go to the
> task.  i do undo only once, but both changes get undone.

Indeed on repeated tasks the second undo seems to be weird and produces
bad output:

    * TODO test
      :PROPERTIES:
      :LAST_REPEAT: [2015-07-28 mar 14:40]
      :END:
    ]
     <2015-08-04 mar +1w>>

I guess your expected behavior would be to go back to the previous state
(i.e. change the last repeated property and the time stamp).

We could to that by always modifying the the headline, properties and the
date tag in a temporary buffer and *then* inserting in after all
"internal" modifications.  Probably other ways exist as well.  This would
presumably provide a nice workflow in this case.

I'm not very familiar with the agenda codebase and I don't have time to
allocate towards fixing this right now.

Rasmus

--
Evidence suggests Snowden used a powerful tool called monospaced fonts