* Turn off #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE conversions?
@ 2016-09-22 20:56 David A. Gershman
From: David A. Gershman @ 2016-09-22 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have some text in an EXAMPLE block but on HTML export '<' and '>' are converted to their '&' equivalents.  Is there a way to turn this off on a per-instance basis?

For example, I have:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
  T = X + Y1
#+END_EXAMPLE

and I'd like the '1' to be subscript.  But when I write:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
  T = X + Y<sub>1</sub>
#+END_EXAMPLE

obviously the'<' and '>' are converted to &lt; and &gt;.  "Y_1" also won't work.

Is there a way/option to disable this conversion for that specific block?  Ex:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE :nointerpolation
  T = X + Y<sub>1</sub>
#+END_EXAMPLE

Thanks.