* Build error with Emacs 21
@ 2008-04-05 15:15 Michael Ekstrand
From: Michael Ekstrand @ 2008-04-05 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

At school, we have Emacs 21.4.1, and I got the following error trying to
build org-mode from git:

> While compiling toplevel forms in file org-mode/lisp/org-clock.el:
>   !! Symbol's function definition is void ((define-obsolete-function-alias))

So, in the format indicated in the manual:

1. I typed `make` in the root of a clean checkout of org-mode from git
   (well, via git-cvsserver, since I don't have unlimited disk quota at
   school).
2. I expected it to compile successfully.
3. It failed with the error message above.

Emacs version is 21.4.1.  OS is Ubuntu 6.06.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.

* Re: Build error with Emacs 21
@ 2008-04-05 16:50 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-04-05 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Ekstrand; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Michael,

I just pushed a fix.

- Carsten

On Apr 5, 2008, at 5:15 PM, Michael Ekstrand wrote:

> At school, we have Emacs 21.4.1, and I got the following error
> trying to
> build org-mode from git:
>
>> While compiling toplevel forms in file org-mode/lisp/org-clock.el:
>>  !! Symbol's function definition is void ((define-obsolete-function-
>> alias))
>
> So, in the format indicated in the manual:
>
> 1. I typed `make` in the root of a clean checkout of org-mode from git
>   (well, via git-cvsserver, since I don't have unlimited disk quota at
>   school).
> 2. I expected it to compile successfully.
> 3. It failed with the error message above.
>
> Emacs version is 21.4.1.  OS is Ubuntu 6.06.
>
> - Michael
>
> --
> mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to
> type.

* Re: Build error with Emacs 21
@ 2008-04-06  0:59   ` Michael Ekstrand
From: Michael Ekstrand @ 2008-04-06  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
> I just pushed a fix.

Thank you.

Now it gets a lot farther, but compiling org-irc.el fails with an error
anyway :-)).  Deleting the org-irc line from the Makefile lets it finish
the build correctly.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.

* Re: Re: Build error with Emacs 21
@ 2008-04-07  7:14     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-04-07  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Ekstrand; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 6, 2008, at 2:59 AM, Michael Ekstrand wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>> I just pushed a fix.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Now it gets a lot farther, but compiling org-irc.el fails with an
> error
> work
> anyway :-)).  Deleting the org-irc line from the Makefile lets it
> finish
> the build correctly.

I have pushed a fix for this, too.

Thanks for the report.