* Logging :LOGBOOK: entries to a heading in org-mode without TODO state changes
@ 2019-04-08 15:46 Daryl Manning
From: Daryl Manning @ 2019-04-08 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have org-mode set up at the moment to log changes in my TODO states (at
the moment, TODO, CHASE, GAVE, KILL, DONE) as well as deadline changes and
reschedules into a logbook drawer. That's working great.

However, I have begun using org-contacts as an ersatz CRM for myself and
keeping track of mails, meets, and other administrivia tracking people I'm
interacting with.

I'd love to have a way to as easily use something CTRL-C-T and then have
the ability to log an item into a Logbook drawer under each heading name.

Is there a way to do this easily without hacking TODO states? Or are there
other ways people are doing this to achieve the same goal (I'm also hoping
to set PING deadlines on people so that I am making sure to recontact them
at various intervals over time, but still trying to puzzle that out... =]
).

Would love to know what other people have done with this that is
lightweight and practical.

thanks!
Daryl.

* Re: Logging :LOGBOOK: entries to a heading in org-mode without TODO state changes
@ 2019-04-09  7:01 ` Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2019-04-09  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Daryl,
* Daryl Manning <daryl@wakatara.com> [2019-04-08; 22:46]:
> I have org-mode set up at the moment to log changes in my TODO states (at
> the moment, TODO, CHASE, GAVE, KILL, DONE) as well as deadline changes and

would you please elaborate on the semantics of these (esp. chase,
gave)?

> reschedules into a logbook drawer. That's working great.
>
> However, I have begun using org-contacts as an ersatz CRM for myself and
> keeping track of mails, meets, and other administrivia tracking people I'm
> interacting with.
>
> I'd love to have a way to as easily use something CTRL-C-T and then have
> the ability to log an item into a Logbook drawer under each
> heading name.

There's org-add-note, bound by default to C-c C-z, which does
exactly that.  It even works from the agenda.

> Is there a way to do this easily without hacking TODO states? Or are there
> other ways people are doing this to achieve the same goal (I'm also hoping
> to set PING deadlines on people so that I am making sure to recontact them
> at various intervals over time, but still trying to puzzle that out... =]
> ).

I tried to use org-habit for this, but it gets clumsy, if you
want to contact somebody round about every 60 days or so.

Ciao; Gregor
--