* ox-bibtex works well with \cite{} entries but not with cite: links
@ 2013-07-08 13:21 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-07-08 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

as noted a while back, I use cite:bibref type links in org to write
LaTeX papers.  I have defined the cite link type as follows:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(org-add-link-type "cite" 'ebib
                   (lambda (path desc format)
                     (cond
                      ((eq format 'latex)
                       (format "\\cite{%s}" path)))))
#+end_src

This works really well for LaTeX export.  However, it doesn't work at
all for html export.  Obviously, I can add an html target but this
would only allow me a simple formatting capability.

I have played around with ox-bibtex.  This works well for both LaTeX and
HTML exports so long as I use \cite{bibref} directly in my org text
which is not as elegant.

I was wondering what would be required to get ox-bibtex to interpret
cite: links?  I tried adding html as a valid target above, e.g. by using

:  ((or (eq format 'latex) (eq format 'html))

but the expansion of links happens after the processing done by
ox-bibtex and so any \cite{bibref} text gets passed through to the HTML
export directly without processing.

Any suggestions welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.0.5-318-gfdaa99