* strange bug after a fresh install
@ 2020-09-16 20:56 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2020-09-16 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I freshly installed Ubuntu 20.04 and used the pre compiled Emacs 26, I
copies also all my init files.

When I open an org file I obtain an error message I don't understand and
attach any help is appreciated

Regards

Uwe Brauer

[-- Attachment #2: bug --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 5846 bytes --]

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (json-readtable-error 47)
  signal(json-readtable-error (47))
  json-read()
  json-read-from-string("/home/oub/.login: No such file or directory.\njupyter: Command not found.\n")
  ob-ipython--get-kernels()
  ob-ipython-auto-configure-kernels()
  run-hooks(change-major-mode-after-body-hook text-mode-hook outline-mode-hook org-mode-hook)
  apply(run-hooks (change-major-mode-after-body-hook text-mode-hook outline-mode-hook org-mode-hook))
  run-mode-hooks(org-mode-hook)
  org-mode()
  set-auto-mode-0(org-mode nil)
  set-auto-mode()
  normal-mode(t)
  after-find-file(nil t)
  find-file-noselect-1(#<buffer INSTALL-Trusty.org> "~/kde3-trinity/INSTALL-Trusty.org" nil nil "~/kde3-trinity/INSTALL-Trusty.org" (17304181 66309))
  find-file-noselect("/home/mjpons/kde3-trinity/INSTALL-Trusty.org" nil nil nil)
  #f(compiled-function (filename &optional wildcards) "Edit file FILENAME.\nSwitch to a buffer visiting file FILENAME,\ncreating one if none already exists.\nInteractively, the default if you just type RET is the current directory,\nbut the visited file name is available through the minibuffer history:\ntype \\[next-history-element] to pull it into the minibuffer.\n\nThe first time \\[next-history-element] is used after Emacs prompts for\nthe file name, the result is affected by `file-name-at-point-functions',\nwhich by default try to guess the file name by looking at point in the\ncurrent buffer.  Customize the value of `file-name-at-point-functions'\nor set it to nil, if you want only the visited file name and the\ncurrent directory to be available on first \\[next-history-element]\nrequest.\n\nYou can visit files on remote machines by specifying something\nlike /ssh:SOME_REMOTE_MACHINE:FILE for the file name.  You can\nalso visit local files as a different user by specifying\n/sudo::FILE for the file name.\nSee the Info node `(tramp)File name Syntax' in the Tramp Info\nmanual, for more about this.\n\nInteractively, or if WILDCARDS is non-nil in a call from Lisp,\nexpand wildcards (if any) and visit multiple files.  You can\nsuppress wildcard expansion by setting `find-file-wildcards' to nil.\n\nTo visit a file without any kind of conversion and without\nautomatically choosing a major mode, use \\[find-file-literally]." (interactive #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x17441c1>)) #<bytecode 0x1b4a57>)("/home/mjpons/kde3-trinity/INSTALL-Trusty.org" nil)
  ad-Advice-find-file(#f(compiled-function (filename &optional wildcards) "Edit file FILENAME.\nSwitch to a buffer visiting file FILENAME,\ncreating one if none already exists.\nInteractively, the default if you just type RET is the current directory,\nbut the visited file name is available through the minibuffer history:\ntype \\[next-history-element] to pull it into the minibuffer.\n\nThe first time \\[next-history-element] is used after Emacs prompts for\nthe file name, the result is affected by `file-name-at-point-functions',\nwhich by default try to guess the file name by looking at point in the\ncurrent buffer.  Customize the value of `file-name-at-point-functions'\nor set it to nil, if you want only the visited file name and the\ncurrent directory to be available on first \\[next-history-element]\nrequest.\n\nYou can visit files on remote machines by specifying something\nlike /ssh:SOME_REMOTE_MACHINE:FILE for the file name.  You can\nalso visit local files as a different user by specifying\n/sudo::FILE for the file name.\nSee the Info node `(tramp)File name Syntax' in the Tramp Info\nmanual, for more about this.\n\nInteractively, or if WILDCARDS is non-nil in a call from Lisp,\nexpand wildcards (if any) and visit multiple files.  You can\nsuppress wildcard expansion by setting `find-file-wildcards' to nil.\n\nTo visit a file without any kind of conversion and without\nautomatically choosing a major mode, use \\[find-file-literally]." (interactive #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1744301>)) #<bytecode 0x1b4a57>) "/home/mjpons/kde3-trinity/INSTALL-Trusty.org")
  apply(ad-Advice-find-file #f(compiled-function (filename &optional wildcards) "Edit file FILENAME.\nSwitch to a buffer visiting file FILENAME,\ncreating one if none already exists.\nInteractively, the default if you just type RET is the current directory,\nbut the visited file name is available through the minibuffer history:\ntype \\[next-history-element] to pull it into the minibuffer.\n\nThe first time \\[next-history-element] is used after Emacs prompts for\nthe file name, the result is affected by `file-name-at-point-functions',\nwhich by default try to guess the file name by looking at point in the\ncurrent buffer.  Customize the value of `file-name-at-point-functions'\nor set it to nil, if you want only the visited file name and the\ncurrent directory to be available on first \\[next-history-element]\nrequest.\n\nYou can visit files on remote machines by specifying something\nlike /ssh:SOME_REMOTE_MACHINE:FILE for the file name.  You can\nalso visit local files as a different user by specifying\n/sudo::FILE for the file name.\nSee the Info node `(tramp)File name Syntax' in the Tramp Info\nmanual, for more about this.\n\nInteractively, or if WILDCARDS is non-nil in a call from Lisp,\nexpand wildcards (if any) and visit multiple files.  You can\nsuppress wildcard expansion by setting `find-file-wildcards' to nil.\n\nTo visit a file without any kind of conversion and without\nautomatically choosing a major mode, use \\[find-file-literally]." (interactive #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x17ba42d>)) #<bytecode 0x1b4a57>) "/home/mjpons/kde3-trinity/INSTALL-Trusty.org")
  find-file("/home/mjpons/kde3-trinity/INSTALL-Trusty.org")
  dired-find-file()
  funcall-interactively(dired-find-file)
  call-interactively(dired-find-file nil nil)
  command-execute(dired-find-file)

* Re: strange bug after a fresh install
@ 2020-09-16 21:19 ` Nicholas Savage
From: Nicholas Savage @ 2020-09-16 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg via General discussions about Org-mode.

Are you using ob-ipython? Your trace makes it seem like that might be loaded maybe in your init files. This issue seems to cover the problem you are having, since it says that it's modifying `org-mode-hook'.

https://github.com/gregsexton/ob-ipython/issues/161

Maybe since you have a clean install you're missing jupyter while you weren't before?

@ 2020-09-16 21:23 ` Jeremie Juste
From: Jeremie Juste @ 2020-09-16 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Uwe,

if seems that the problem lies with ob-ipython.
I would suggest to remove ob-ipython to check and then perform a fresh
install of ob-ipython.

HTH,
Jeremie

@ 2020-09-17  7:30   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2020-09-17  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "JJ" == Jeremie Juste <jeremiejuste@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Uwe,

> if seems that the problem lies with ob-ipython.
> I would suggest to remove ob-ipython to check and then perform a fresh
> install of ob-ipython.

thanks

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: strange bug after a fresh install