* Compile new Org, help needed
@ 2009-06-11 19:44 Nicolas Aggelidis
From: Nicolas Aggelidis @ 2009-06-11 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi to all org-users!

i am rather new to your community.
i am using org with emacs22 in windows vista64 for the last month and
it slowly "Changes the Way I Do Everything" (to imitate the upcoming
award!).

I was wondering how i can compile the newer version of org, so that i
can enjoy the latest and greatest!

thanks in advance for any pointers you provide!

* Re: Compile new Org, help needed
@ 2009-06-11 20:04 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-06-11 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Aggelidis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Welcome Nicolas,

Nicolas Aggelidis <n.aggelidis@gmail.com> writes:
> hi to all org-users!
>
> i am rather new to your community.
> i am using org with emacs22 in windows vista64 for the last month and
> it slowly "Changes the Way I Do Everything" (to imitate the upcoming
> award!).
>
> I was wondering how i can compile the newer version of org, so that i
> can enjoy the latest and greatest!

1.) Pull the git repo: http://orgmode.org/index.html#sec-3.2

2.) Follow the (straightforward) install instructions here:
    http://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html#Installation

3.) If want that (I don't), compile the sources.

    I lately found the great compile feature in dired:

    a) `C-x d /path/to/org-mode/lisp/ RET'

    b) `C-n C-n' to have point on the first *.el file.

    c) Hold the `m' key, until all *.el files are marked
       (i.e. highlighted).

    d) Press `B' to compile all the marked files.

Repeat the marking (c) and compiling (d) several times, until no error occurs
anymore.

Best regards

   Sebastian