* Official reference?
@ 2018-09-17  9:08 Trond Linjordet
From: Trond Linjordet @ 2018-09-17  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am confused, is this not the official, current printed version of the
documentation?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Org-Mode-9-1-Reference-Manual/dp/1680921657

I mean, as opposed to:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1906966087/networktheory-20 ?

However, the latter is the version that is linked on www.orgmode.org. Is it
simply outdated?

Kind regards,
Trond

* Re: Official reference?
@ 2018-09-18 16:02 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-09-18 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trond Linjordet; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Trond Linjordet <holyhive@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am confused, is this not the official, current printed version of the
> documentation?
> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Org-Mode-9-1-Reference-Manual/dp/1680921657
>
> I mean, as opposed to:
> https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1906966087/networktheory-20 ?
>
> However, the latter is the version that is linked on www.orgmode.org. Is it
> simply outdated?

The official version is the Info included in Emacs.

That being said, NetworkTheory helped us fixing grammar and spelling
mistakes in the manual, and donates 1$ to the Org maintainer per book
sold. We do not even know who is publishing the other one.

Nicolas Goaziou