* How to obtain the headline level from org-element-at-point
@ 2017-04-08 14:17 Jeremie Juste
From: Jeremie Juste @ 2017-04-08 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Interleave-mode https://github.com/rudolfochrist/interleave, is a very convenient tool for writing notes in associated
with pdf. It uses org-mode for this purpose.

I recently noticed that in the case where I want to write notes for
multiple pdf in a singlie org file, I have to use the level 1 headline

* Notes for CS103
  :PROPERTIES:
  :INTERLEAVE_PDF: cs103.pdf
  :END:

I would like to have the possibility of using any headline level for
this purpose but my org-fu is weak.

I think it boils down to this function in interleave-mode mode where
(org-element-type headline) checks only for level 1 headline.

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(defun interleave--headline-pdf-path (buffer)
  "Return the INTERLEAVE_PDF property of the current headline in BUFFER."
(with-current-buffer buffer
  (save-excursion
    (let ((headline (org-element-at-point)))
      (when (and (equal (org-element-type headline) 'headline)
		 (org-entry-get nil interleave--pdf-prop))
	(setq interleave-multi-pdf-notes-file t)
	(org-entry-get nil interleave--pdf-prop))))))

#+END_SRC

Can anyone see a way around it ?

Best regards,

Jeremie