* [ANN]: Org-webring
@ 2020-08-21  5:12 Brett Gilio
From: Brett Gilio @ 2020-08-21  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

Over the past few days a few friends and I have been working diligently
on creating an Emacs Lisp library which allows for integration of RSS
blog posts in a webring-style format into your Org-generated blog or
website.

I have detailed this exciting adventure on a recent blog post with a
demonstation:
https://brettgilio.ml/posts/2020-08-20-announcing-org-webring.html

You can find the sources, mailing list, and ticket tracker at:
https://sr.ht/~brettgilio/org-webring/

I hope people will find this useful, it seems to be pretty well-received
already! I love reviewing patches as well, so if you see something that
should be changed, or have a suggestion please do not hesitate to
subscribe to our private mailing list for this package!
https://lists.sr.ht/~brettgilio/org-webring

That's all for now!

Brett Gilio

* [ANN] Org-webring
@ 2020-08-21  5:20 Brett Gilio
From: Brett Gilio @ 2020-08-21  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all!

I hope this post is well received. Today marks the first stable release
of org-webring. Org-webring is an alternative implementation of a
feed-based webring, taking inspiration from openring by Drew DeVault.
Intended to integrate with Org-based websites and blogs (either
directly, or indirectly, as in ox-hugo), it will fetch a given list of
web feed files and correctly parse and format the elements to be
displayed for sharing.

You can find more details about org-webring on my recent blogpost:
https://brettgilio.ml/posts/2020-08-20-announcing-org-webring.html

The project page, including sourcecode is available at:
https://sr.ht/~brettgilio/org-webring/

If you want to participate in discussion or send patches, we have a
private mailing list I encourage you to subscribe to located at:
https://sr.ht/~brettgilio/org-webring/lists

Best wishes to all,
Brett Gilio

* Re: [ANN] Org-webring
@ 2020-08-21 17:08 ` Marvin ‘quintus’ Gülker
From: Marvin ‘quintus’ Gülker @ 2020-08-21 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am Freitag, dem 21. August 2020 schrieb Brett Gilio:
> I hope this post is well received. Today marks the first stable release
> of org-webring. Org-webring is an alternative implementation of a
> feed-based webring, taking inspiration from openring by Drew DeVault.
> Intended to integrate with Org-based websites and blogs (either
> directly, or indirectly, as in ox-hugo), it will fetch a given list of
> web feed files and correctly parse and format the elements to be
> displayed for sharing.

This looks pretty interesting. I am currently porting my blog from
nanoc to Org and I could see use for this. In any case, thank you for
sharing this.

  -quintus

--
Dipl.-Jur. M. Gülker | https://mg.guelker.eu |    For security:
Unna, Germany        | kontakt@guelker.eu    | () Avoid HTML e-mail

* Re: [ANN] Org-webring
@ 2020-08-21 18:38   ` Brett Gilio
From: Brett Gilio @ 2020-08-21 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marvin ‘quintus’ Gülker; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Marvin ‘quintus’ Gülker <post+orgmodeml@guelker.eu> writes:

> Am Freitag, dem 21. August 2020 schrieb Brett Gilio:
>> I hope this post is well received. Today marks the first stable release
>> of org-webring. Org-webring is an alternative implementation of a
>> feed-based webring, taking inspiration from openring by Drew DeVault.
>> Intended to integrate with Org-based websites and blogs (either
>> directly, or indirectly, as in ox-hugo), it will fetch a given list of
>> web feed files and correctly parse and format the elements to be
>> displayed for sharing.
>
> This looks pretty interesting. I am currently porting my blog from
> nanoc to Org and I could see use for this. In any case, thank you for
> sharing this.
>
>   -quintus

Quintus,

Thank you for your kind remark! More development on the project is to
come. I hope you enjoy it in its current iteration, and will follow for
future releases!

Brett Gilio

* Re: [ANN] Org-webring
@ 2020-09-10 13:53 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-10 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brett Gilio; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Brett,

thanks for sharing this!  I had no chance yet to test this but it
looks useful.  I added a link to https://orgmode.org/worg/org-tools/

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: [ANN] Org-webring
@ 2020-09-10 20:41   ` Brett Gilio
From: Brett Gilio @ 2020-09-10 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Brett,
>
> thanks for sharing this!  I had no chance yet to test this but it
> looks useful.  I added a link to https://orgmode.org/worg/org-tools/
>
> Best,

Hello Bastien,

Thank you for the addition! I appreciate your support.

Brett Gilio