* A question about local/experimental branches
@ 2024-02-25 13:53 Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2024-02-25 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Hi,

I've noticed that the code for my implementation of the new
'inline-special-block' experimental element is growing. In addition, I
introduce modifications and improvements daily. So I think it might be a
good idea to make my local branch public, in case someone wants to try
it or contribute to the project.

My question is if there is any set of good practices to do this, or is
it enough to publish the local branch 'as is'.

Currently I have completed, and are perfectly usable, the export to
LaTeX and HTML. I have also improved the syntax. Now, if aliases are
used for group optional attributes, it is not necessary to put :alias
foo, but @foo@. Example:

  This is an example of Latin text: &_[@latin@]{lorem ipsum dolor sit amet}.

  This is an example of Latin text with small caps: &_[@latin@ :smallcaps t]{lorem ipsum dolor sit amet}.

LaTeX ==>

  This is an example of Latin text: {\color{blue}\foreignlanguage{latin}{\itshape lorem ipsum dolor sit amet}}.

  This is an example of Latin text with small caps: {\scshape{}\color{blue}\foreignlanguage{latin}{\itshape lorem ipsum dolor sit amet}}

HTML ==>

  This is an example of Latin text: <span style="color:blue;font-style:italic;" lang="la">lorem ipsum dolor sit amet</span>.

  This is an example of Latin text with small caps: <span style="color:blue;font-variant:small-caps;font-style:italic;" lang="la">lorem ipsum dolor sit amet</span>.

Related: https://list.orgmode.org/87ttlyloyr.fsf@posteo.net/

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

--
Juan Manuel Macías -- Composición tipográfica, tratamiento de datos, diseño editorial y ortotipografía

https://juanmanuelmacias.com

https://lunotipia.juanmanuelmacias.com

https://gnutas.juanmanuelmacias.com

* Re: A question about local/experimental branches
@ 2024-02-25 14:05 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-02-25 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Manuel Macías, Bastien; +Cc: orgmode

Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

> I've noticed that the code for my implementation of the new
> 'inline-special-block' experimental element is growing. In addition, I
> introduce modifications and improvements daily. So I think it might be a
> good idea to make my local branch public, in case someone wants to try
> it or contribute to the project.
>
> My question is if there is any set of good practices to do this, or is
> it enough to publish the local branch 'as is'.

See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#orgfd0d3cb
You can just share the link to your branch.

I am not sure if experimental branches can go directly to our savannah,
like what Emacs does.
Bastien, WDYT?

P.S. Juan, I will need some time to review previous discussions on
inline special blocks before I can comment on your work in depth.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: A question about local/experimental branches
@ 2024-02-25 15:10   ` Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2024-02-25 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Bastien, orgmode

Ihor Radchenko writes:

> P.S. Juan, I will need some time to review previous discussions on
> inline special blocks before I can comment on your work in depth.

No problem, Ihor. These days I had enough free time to develop my idea,
translate it into code and get something usable from which it could be
discussed. As I mentioned, the export to HTML and LaTeX is complete and
works fine, but I'll probably stop there for a long time. I mean, I
won't go any further and I will dedicate myself to continuing testing
the code already written and fixing possible bugs. Partly because I
don't have enough knowledge of odt to work on this backend, which would
be the next step.

Thanks for the info!

--

@ 2024-02-26  8:43   ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2024-02-26  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Juan Manuel Macías, orgmode

> I am not sure if experimental branches can go directly to our savannah,
> like what Emacs does.
> Bastien, WDYT?

We did that in the past with Org repo, I see no reason for not doing
it again with the current Git repo on Savannah: feel free to push
experimental branches.

--
 Bastien Guerry

* Org agenda view does not display correctly
@ 2024-02-26 11:05     ` Naresh Gurbuxani
From: Naresh Gurbuxani @ 2024-02-26 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Until recently, my org agenda view displayed correctly.  Now M-x
org-agenda a display begins with question marks.  Is there a simple way
to diagnose and fix this problem?  I am using org mode version 9.6.6
(default) in emacs version 29.1 on mac.

Thanks,

Naresh

My org agenda display:

Week-agenda (W09):

Monday     26 February 2024 W09
   ???:        Schededuled: TODO xxx
:ABC:
Tuesday    27 February 2024
   ???:        Scheduled:  TODO yyy                     :ABC:
Wednesday  28 February 2024
Thursday   29 February 2024
Friday      1 March 2024
Saturday    2 March 2024
   ???:        Scheduled:  TODO zzz                 :FGH::
   ???:        Scheduled:  TODO www                 :PQR::
Sunday      3 March 2024

* Re: A question about local/experimental branches
@ 2024-02-26 11:06     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-02-26 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Guerry; +Cc: Juan Manuel Macías, orgmode

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> I am not sure if experimental branches can go directly to our savannah,
>> like what Emacs does.
>> Bastien, WDYT?
>
> We did that in the past with Org repo, I see no reason for not doing
> it again with the current Git repo on Savannah: feel free to push
> experimental branches.

AFAIU, Juan does not have write access to savannah.
Should we give it? Of course, if he is willing to use savannah. Any
other public repo is also fine.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Org agenda view does not display correctly
@ 2024-02-26 11:18       ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-02-26 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Naresh Gurbuxani; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Naresh Gurbuxani <naresh_gurbuxani@hotmail.com> writes:

> Until recently, my org agenda view displayed correctly.  Now M-x
> org-agenda a display begins with question marks.  Is there a simple way
> to diagnose and fix this problem?  I am using org mode version 9.6.6
> (default) in emacs version 29.1 on mac.

Try (setq org-element-use-cache nil)

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: A question about local/experimental branches
@ 2024-02-26 13:03       ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2024-02-26 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Juan Manuel Macías, orgmode

> AFAIU, Juan does not have write access to savannah.
> Should we give it? Of course, if he is willing to use savannah. Any
> other public repo is also fine.

Juan, let me know if you need access:
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#devs

Thanks!

--
 Bastien Guerry

* Re: A question about local/experimental branches
@ 2024-02-27  9:57         ` Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2024-02-27  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Guerry; +Cc: Ihor Radchenko, orgmode

Hi, Bastien,

Bastien Guerry writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> AFAIU, Juan does not have write access to savannah.
>> Should we give it? Of course, if he is willing to use savannah. Any
>> other public repo is also fine.
>
> Juan, let me know if you need access:
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#devs

Thank you! I think for the moment I will use GitLab to publish my
experimental branch, if it is not essential to do it in savannah (I am
more used to gitlab). As soon as I publish it, I'll share the
link.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel