* two latex bugs
@ 2013-07-08 15:05 renato
From: renato @ 2013-07-08 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

1) could someone please substitute "last-command-char" with
"last-command-event" in cdlatex.el, as was suggested here [1], to be
able to insert carets and underscores in math-mode?

2) this:

\begin{align}\label{mylabel}
\left\{
\begin{array}{ll}
2+2 =& 4 \\
2+2 \neq & 4
\end{array}
\right.
\end{align}

gets exported badly, i.e. to this (notice how after \end{align}
everything repeats itself with escaping \):

\begin{align}\label{mylabel}
\left\{
\begin{array}{ll}
2+2 =& 4 \\
2+2 \neq & 4
\end{array}
\right.
\end{align}$\backslash$begin\{array\}\{ll\}
2+2 =\& 4 \\
2+2 $\backslash$neq \& 4
$\backslash$end\{array\}
$\backslash$right.
$\backslash$end\{align\}
\begin{array}{ll}
2+2 =& 4 \\
2+2 \neq & 4
\end{array}
\right.
\end{align}

it gets exported fine if \label{mylabel} is on its own line, instead of
right next to \begin{align}

cheers,
renato

[1]
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-05/msg00837.html

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: two latex bugs
@ 2013-07-08 16:19 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-07-08 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

renato <rennabh@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> 1) could someone please substitute "last-command-char" with
> "last-command-event" in cdlatex.el, as was suggested here [1], to be
> able to insert carets and underscores in math-mode?

AFAIK, cdlatex.el is not part of emacs or org-mode, so you must have
obtained your copy from Carsten's web site or perhaps from some less
authoritative source. I just checked his website and he has made the
change in his copy (probably some time ago). But until you fetch it
again (or fix your own copy), you are not going to see the fix. The URL
is

   http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/cdlatex/cdlatex.el

--
Nick

* Re: two latex bugs
@ 2013-07-10  7:52 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-07-10  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: renato; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

renato <rennabh@gmail.com> writes:

> 2) this:
>
> \begin{align}\label{mylabel}
> \left\{
> \begin{array}{ll}
> 2+2 =& 4 \\
> 2+2 \neq & 4
> \end{array}
> \right.
> \end{align}

You can either enclose the above in #+begin_LaTeX ... #+end_LaTeX or do
as you noted and make sure the \begin{align} is alone on a line.  This
is a known feature of the org parser for LaTeX snippets.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.0.5-322-gd5c11e.dirty