* SyncOrg mention in Org manual ?
@ 2016-09-28 22:27 Benoît Coste
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Benoît Coste @ 2016-09-28 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Last week I published SyncOrg
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coste.syncorg>, a fork
of MobileOrg for Android. It is an open-source app for reading org notes
from your Android phone (sources are on GitHub
<https://github.com/wizmer/syncorg>). It still needs work but is already up
and running. The main differences with MobileOrg are a modern UI, the fact
that it uses Git for synchronization and that it no longer needs emacs at
all to run.

Someone on reddit proposed that it should me mentioned it the org manual,
so here I am. I'll be happy to provide some documentation about it if the
idea gets approved.

Regards,
Benoît

* Re: SyncOrg mention in Org manual ?
@ 2016-09-28 23:05 ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2016-09-28 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Probably the first place to put it would be on Worg.  :)

* Re: SyncOrg mention in Org manual ?
@ 2016-09-29  1:02 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2016-09-29  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Benoît Coste <ben.coste@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Last week I published SyncOrg, a fork of MobileOrg for Android. It is
> an open-source app for reading org notes from your Android phone
> (sources are on GitHub). It still needs work but is already up and
> running. The main differences with MobileOrg are a modern UI, the fact
> that it uses Git for synchronization and that it no longer needs emacs
> at all to run.

Sounds great! Will look forward to playing with it. For extra FOSS
points, you could consider putting it in Fdroid repos, too!

Eric

* Re: SyncOrg mention in Org manual ?
@ 2016-09-29 10:06 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-09-29 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Benoît,

Thanks for your work and getting in touch!

Benoît Coste <ben.coste@gmail.com> writes:

> Last week I published SyncOrg
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coste.syncorg>, a fork
> of MobileOrg for Android. It is an open-source app for reading org notes
> from your Android phone (sources are on GitHub
> <https://github.com/wizmer/syncorg>). It still needs work but is already up
> and running. The main differences with MobileOrg are a modern UI, the fact
> that it uses Git for synchronization and that it no longer needs emacs at
> all to run.
>
> Someone on reddit proposed that it should me mentioned it the org manual,
> so here I am. I'll be happy to provide some documentation about it if the
> idea gets approved.

First, there’s an introduction on how to contributing to Org here.  In
particular, I think you’d even need to assign copyright to your
documentation patches, but I’m not sure (hopefully someone will chime
in)...

    http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

Second, I suggest that you propose the necessary changes to Appendix B
called MobileOrg.  At the very least we should mention your program, I
think.  Perhaps the instructions must also be altered slightly to work
with SyncOrg (I haven’t tried it).

    http://orgmode.org/org.html#MobileOrg

The manual is the doc/org.texi.  If you don’t care for texinfo I’m sure
someone could take of the formatting (to the extend it’s necessary) if you
provide the needed changes.

Third, as pointed out, it would be best if it's in Fdroid as well, as many
probably don’t have access to the google play store (like me).

Thanks again,
Rasmus

--
... The proofs are technical in nature and provide no real understanding