* bug in org-crypt?
@ 2010-03-28  1:57 Xiao-Yong Jin
From: Xiao-Yong Jin @ 2010-03-28  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

If you have the follow org file

* test crypt							      :crypt:
** subheading 1
   text 1
** subheading 2
   text 2

with setup as

(require 'org-crypt)
(setq org-tags-exclude-from-inheritance '("crypt"))
(setq org-crypt-key "CBC0714E")              ; my key

On calling org-encrypt-entry on the first head line, only
subheading 1 get encrypted, subheading 2 remains plain text.
But, if you add an empty line or some text under the first
heading, both subheading 1 and 2 are encrypted.

Testing on recent git checkout results the same.  Is it a bug?

--
J    c/*    __o/*
X    <\     * (__

* Re: bug in org-crypt?
@ 2010-04-14  7:43 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-14  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xiao-Yong Jin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Xiao,

I have just checked in a patch by Peter Jones, which should fix this
bug.  Please check if this is indeed the case and let me know.

Thanks.

- Carsten

On Mar 28, 2010, at 3:57 AM, Xiao-Yong Jin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you have the follow org file
>
> * test crypt							      :crypt:
> ** subheading 1
>   text 1
> ** subheading 2
>   text 2
>
> with setup as
>
> (require 'org-crypt)
> (setq org-tags-exclude-from-inheritance '("crypt"))
> (setq org-crypt-key "CBC0714E")              ; my key
>
> On calling org-encrypt-entry on the first head line, only
> subheading 1 get encrypted, subheading 2 remains plain text.
> But, if you add an empty line or some text under the first
> heading, both subheading 1 and 2 are encrypted.
>
> Testing on recent git checkout results the same.  Is it a bug?
>
> --
> J    c/*    __o/*
> X    <\     * (__
> Y    */\      <

- Carsten

* Re: bug in org-crypt?
@ 2010-04-14 14:42   ` Xiao-Yong Jin
From: Xiao-Yong Jin @ 2010-04-14 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:43:43 +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> Hi Xiao,
> I have just checked in a patch by Peter Jones, which should fix this
> bug.  Please check if this is indeed the case and let me know.

> Thanks.

> - Carsten

Tested and it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

- jxy

--
J    c/*    __o/*
X    <\     * (__

* Re: bug in org-crypt?
@ 2010-04-15 17:21     ` Peter Jones
From: Peter Jones @ 2010-04-15 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xiao-Yong Jin <xj2106@columbia.edu> writes:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:43:43 +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>
>> Hi Xiao,
>> I have just checked in a patch by Peter Jones, which should fix this
>> bug.  Please check if this is indeed the case and let me know.
>
> Tested and it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

I found another bug.  When encrypting an empty headline, for some reason
the next heading gets encrypted as the body of the current headline.
I'll have to put in a special case to do nothing if the headline is
indeed empty.

--
Peter Jones - pmade inc.
303-219-0226 http://pmade.com