* emphasis and monospace within one word
@ 2013-08-03 13:14 Rob Stewart
From: Rob Stewart @ 2013-08-03 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The following:
\texttt{PING}s ~PONG~s, \textbf{Foo}s *Foo*s, \emph{Bar}s /Bar/s.

When exported to latex produces:
\texttt{PING}s \textasciitilde{}PONG\textasciitilde{}s, \textbf{Foo}s
*Foo*s, \emph{Bar}s /Bar/s.

What I'd really like to be able to do in my org mode file is to have
bold, verbatim, or italics substrings within one word. I.e. for the
latex export to look like:

\texttt{PING}s \texttt{PING}s, \textbf{Foo}s \textbf{Foo}s,
\emph{Bar}s  \emph{Bar}s.

Is there a way of coercing org-mode latex export in to playing nicely?

--
Rob

* Re: emphasis and monospace within one word
@ 2013-08-03 14:04 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-08-03 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rob Stewart <robstewart57@gmail.com> writes:

> The following:
> \texttt{PING}s ~PONG~s, \textbf{Foo}s *Foo*s, \emph{Bar}s /Bar/s.
>
> When exported to latex produces:
> \texttt{PING}s \textasciitilde{}PONG\textasciitilde{}s, \textbf{Foo}s
> *Foo*s, \emph{Bar}s /Bar/s.
>
> What I'd really like to be able to do in my org mode file is to have
> bold, verbatim, or italics substrings within one word. I.e. for the
> latex export to look like:
>
> \texttt{PING}s \texttt{PING}s, \textbf{Foo}s \textbf{Foo}s,
> \emph{Bar}s  \emph{Bar}s.
>
> Is there a way of coercing org-mode latex export in to playing nicely?

The following thread might help:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/72958/focus=73036

--
Nick