* Selectively inheriting tags
@ 2008-03-20 20:11 Michael Ekstrand
From: Michael Ekstrand @ 2008-03-20 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm wondering if it's currently possible to selective inherit tags.
Either to mark specific tags as inheritable/non-inheritable, or with a
regular expression match (the latter would be particularly useful - I
want my context tags, beginning with '@', inherited, but not my
unprefixed tags such as 'PROJECT').  From what I've seen in the help
files and change logs, it doesn't look like this is currently supported,
but I'd love to be proved wrong.

If there is no such option at present, I'd love to see it added (and may
hack something up for it in my own setup).

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.

* Re: Selectively inheriting tags
@ 2008-03-21  9:37 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-03-21  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Ekstrand; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Excellent idea, thank you very much.  In fact, this is an obvious
companion to selective property inheritance.

I have push the relevant changes to the git repository.

- Carsten

@ 2008-03-21 16:05   ` Michael Ekstrand
From: Michael Ekstrand @ 2008-03-21 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
> Excellent idea, thank you very much.  In fact, this is an obvious
> companion to selective property inheritance.
>
> I have push the relevant changes to the git repository.

Excellent.

I just started heavily using Emacs over the last winter break, and I
must say, between this and the response to a bug report I sent to the
Gnus maintainers, I am rather impressed with the spirit of service and
helpfulness in the Emacs community, or at least the portions of it that
I've begun to watch.

Thank you for making such wonderfully useful software, and your
eagerness to make it better meet the needs of users.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.