* Show entries which have been logdone in the last several days?
@ 2010-04-15 11:57 filebat Mark
From: filebat Mark @ 2010-04-15 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi GTDers,

I am a big fun of org-mode, and right now I'd like to get the statistics for
the time allocation in my daily life.
Apparently, not all things are important, so some entries may not have the
timestamp like <2010-04-15 19:48>.
Thus agenda view can't help for my question, it seems can't show the entries
which are closed like the following:

,-----------
`-----------

--
Thanks & Regards

Denny Zhang

* Re: Show entries which have been logdone in the last several days?
@ 2010-04-15 12:14 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-04-15 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: filebat Mark; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

filebat Mark <filebat.mark@gmail.com> writes:

> I am a big fun of org-mode, and right now I'd like to get the
> statistics for the time allocation in my daily life.
> Apparently, not all things are important, so some entries may not have
> the timestamp like <2010-04-15 19:48>.
> Thus agenda view can't help for my question, it seems can't show the
> entries which are closed like the following:
>
> ,-----------
> | *** DONE Check which node run which stage
> |     CLOSED: [2009-11-23 星期一 17:12]
> |     This is an sample.
> `-----------

You can display inactive timestamps in the agenda view:

,----[Org Manual 10.5, "Commands in the Agenda Buffer"]
| `v l  or short  l'
|      Toggle Logbook mode.  In Logbook mode, entries that were marked
|      DONE while logging was on (variable `org-log-done') are shown in
|      the agenda, as are entries that have been clocked on that day.
|      You can configure the entry types that should be included in log
|      mode using the variable `org-agenda-log-mode-items'.  When called
|      with a `C-u' prefix, show all possible logbook entries, including
|      state changes.  When called with two prefix args `C-u C-u', show
|      only logging information, nothing else.  `v L' is equivalent to
|      `C-u v l'.
|
| `v [  or short  ['
|      Include inactive timestamps into the current view.  Only for
|      weekly/daily agenda and timeline views.
`----

Best,
Matt

* Re: Show entries which have been logdone in the last several days?
@ 2010-04-15 12:21   ` filebat Mark
From: filebat Mark @ 2010-04-15 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Matt

Thanks for your answer. It's quite useful for me.

However I just show entry#1, while entry#2 is the typical case.

#entry1
 *** DONE Check which node run which stage [2009-11-23 星期一 17:12]
     This is an sample.

#entry2

--

@ 2010-04-15 14:17 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-04-15 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: filebat Mark; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

filebat Mark <filebat.mark@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi GTDers,
>
> I am a big fun of org-mode, and right now I'd like to get the statistics for the time allocation in my daily life.
> Apparently, not all things are important, so some entries may not have the timestamp like <2010-04-15 19:48>.
> Thus agenda view can't help for my question, it seems can't show the entries which are closed like the following:
>
> ,-----------
> | *** DONE Check which node run which stage
> |     CLOSED: [2009-11-23 星期一 17:12]
> |     This is an sample.
> `-----------

Hi,

You can view inactive timestamps in the agenda as well as active
timestamps.

Use 'l' and '[' in the agenda to turn on log mode and view inactive
timestamps.  This view shows closed task times etc.

You can also show state changes and time clocked on tasks if you log.
Clock reports are great for showing where your time went -- but you have
to clock tasks for that to give meaningful results.

HTH,
Bernt