* Problems with yasnippet enabled in hidden font locking buffer
@ 2019-03-26 17:43 Carlos Pita
From: Carlos Pita @ 2019-03-26 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've been having problems with latex font locking the first time the
internal font locking buffer is created (this with native latex
fontification). It was hard to debug but at a point it became obvious that
the culprit was yas minor mode, which I had globally enabled. I don't think
this global minor mode should be enabled in hidden buffers and I requested
this to be changed [1]. I'll keep you informed of any advance regarding
this matter but, anyway, maybe org mode could also add a hook to
yas-dont-activate-functions in order to disable activation when the buffer
name matches an org mode specific pattern/prefix. Short of every concerned
user taking action here, at least one of the interacting parties (org and
snippet) would have to compromise: (i) yasnippet by disabling its global
minor mode for all hidden buffers and/or those matching an org specific
pattern and/or (ii) org by including a yasnippet specific filter. IMO the
best solution is what I described above: yasnippet disabling its global
minor mode for *all* hidden buffers.

Best regards
--
Carlos

[1] https://github.com/joaotavora/yasnippet/issues/985

* Re: Problems with yasnippet enabled in hidden font locking buffer
@ 2019-03-27 14:31 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-03-27 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Pita; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita@gmail.com> writes:

> I've been having problems with latex font locking the first time the
> internal font locking buffer is created (this with native latex
> fontification). It was hard to debug but at a point it became obvious that
> the culprit was yas minor mode, which I had globally enabled. I don't think
> this global minor mode should be enabled in hidden buffers and I requested
> this to be changed [1]. I'll keep you informed of any advance regarding
> this matter but, anyway, maybe org mode could also add a hook to
> yas-dont-activate-functions in order to disable activation when the buffer
> name matches an org mode specific pattern/prefix. Short of every concerned
> user taking action here, at least one of the interacting parties (org and
> snippet) would have to compromise: (i) yasnippet by disabling its global
> minor mode for all hidden buffers and/or those matching an org specific
> pattern and/or (ii) org by including a yasnippet specific filter. IMO the
> best solution is what I described above: yasnippet disabling its global
> minor mode for *all* hidden buffers.

I don't think the issue belongs to the Org side, and Org needs not be
aware of Yasnippets.

Nicolas Goaziou