* GNU Screen and arrow keys
@ 2008-02-06 14:54 lore
From: lore @ 2008-02-06 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

My emacs lives inside a GNU Screen session.

When I say M-<left> to promote current heading I get '3C'.

googlin' around I found:

http://www.nabble.com/Some-keys-are-not-giving-the-expected-result-when-pressed-td11192176.html

Everything works properly using emacs outside screen.

Is out there a workaround for this? I need screen :)

Thank you in advance for your help.

* My setup
  - gnome-terminal            2.18.4
  - GNU Screen                4.00.03
  - emacs                     23.0.50.1
  - org.el                    5.19a

--
Systems.Administrators.like.things.automated.

* Re: [OT] GNU Screen and arrow keys
@ 2008-02-06 16:52 ` Phil Jackson
From: Phil Jackson @ 2008-02-06 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lore; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

lore <loregher@tin.it> writes:

> My emacs lives inside a GNU Screen session.
>
> When I say M-<left> to promote current heading I get '3C'.

[...]

> Is out there a workaround for this? I need screen :)

I'm a screen/TTY emacs user and I don't see the same behaviour. What is
your TERM value outside and inside screen?

If you hit ESC-<left> do you see the same thing?

Cheers,
Phil
--
 Phil Jackson
 http://www.shellarchive.co.uk

* Re: [OT] GNU Screen and arrow keys
@ 2008-02-06 22:06   ` lore
From: lore @ 2008-02-06 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sorry for my OT.

Phil Jackson wrote:

>> When I say M-<left> to promote current heading I get '3C'.
>
> I'm a screen/TTY  emacs user and I don't see  the same behaviour. What
> is your TERM value outside and inside screen?

screen, inside
xterm, outside

> If you hit ESC-<left> do you see the same thing?

It works properly.

--
Systems.Administrators.like.things.automated.

* Re: Re: [OT] GNU Screen and arrow keys
@ 2008-02-07  9:04     ` Phil Jackson
From: Phil Jackson @ 2008-02-07  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lore; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

lore <loregher@tin.it> writes:

> Phil Jackson wrote:
>
>>> When I say M-<left> to promote current heading I get '3C'.
>>
>> I'm a screen/TTY  emacs user and I don't see  the same behaviour. What
>> is your TERM value outside and inside screen?
>
> screen, inside
> xterm, outside

And if within screen you set your TERM to xterm-256color (for example)
and then start emacs?

Phil
--
 Phil Jackson
 http://www.shellarchive.co.uk

* Re: [OT] GNU Screen and arrow keys
@ 2008-02-07 10:00       ` lore
From: lore @ 2008-02-07 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Phil Jackson wrote:

> lore <loregher@tin.it> writes:

>>> I'm a screen/TTY emacs user and I don't see the same behaviour. What
>>> is your TERM value outside and inside screen?
>>
>> screen, inside
>> xterm, outside
>
> And if within screen you set your TERM to xterm-256color (for example)
> and then start emacs?

It works properly with that TERM.

--
Systems.Administrators.like.things.automated.

* Re: GNU Screen and arrow keys
@ 2008-02-07 18:06 ` lore
From: lore @ 2008-02-07 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

lore wrote:

> My emacs lives inside a GNU Screen session.
>
> When I say M-<left> to promote current heading I get '3C'.

[...]

> * My setup
> - gnome-terminal            2.18.4

I "solved" changing gnome-terminal with unicode rxvt.

Thank you for your help Phil.

--
Systems.Administrators.like.things.automated.

* Re: Re: GNU Screen and arrow keys
@ 2008-02-07 19:06   ` Phil Jackson
From: Phil Jackson @ 2008-02-07 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lore; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

lore <loregher@tin.it> writes:

[...]

>> * My setup
>> - gnome-terminal            2.18.4
>
> I "solved" changing gnome-terminal with unicode rxvt.

I thought changing TERM solved it for you? :/

If you use the 256 colour one I mentioned you can use color-theme (with
close matching colours) for TTY emacs too.

RXVT is _very_ quick though :)

Cheers,
Phil
--
 Phil Jackson
 http://www.shellarchive.co.uk

* Re: GNU Screen and arrow keys
@ 2008-02-07 20:19     ` lore
From: lore @ 2008-02-07 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Phil Jackson wrote:

> I thought changing TERM solved it for you? :/
>
> If you use the 256 colour one I mentioned you can use color-theme (with
> close matching colours) for TTY emacs too.

I'm trying it again. Thanks :)

--
Systems.Administrators.like.things.automated.