* .ics export w/Alarms.  Possible?
@ 2010-03-31 20:34 David A. Gershman
From: David A. Gershman @ 2010-03-31 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a feature in OrgMode to provide 'VALARM's
when exporting to .ics?

A sample event created, for example, in Sunbird generated this code:

  BEGIN:VALARM
  TRIGGER;VALUE=DURATION:-PT5M
  ACTION:DISPLAY
  END:VALARM

I was thinking maybe this could be included automatically via emacs
variables for all .ics exported events, or on a heading basis via some
property, i.e. ':ALARM:'.

My goal is to have these alarms used by the calendar program, not emacs.
 My org files are not always open but my calendar program is and uses an
exported .ics file.

Does this exist? Is this possible?  Ideas?

David A. Gershman
gershman@dagertech.net
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman