* Upgrading orgmode
@ 2013-08-12  0:12 Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2013-08-12  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I normally upgrade my orgmode using "sudo make up2", in the orgmode
directory.

But today when I did it, I get the following error:

*******
3 unexpected results:
   FAILED  test-org-export/data-with-backend
   FAILED  test-org-export/export-snippet
   FAILED  test-org-export/table-cell-alignment

make[1]: *** [test-dirty] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vikas/lisp/org-mode'
make: *** [up2] Error 2
*******

Looks like a bug to me. Could somebody check?

Vikas

* Re: Upgrading orgmode
@ 2013-08-12  5:26 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-08-12  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

> I normally upgrade my orgmode using "sudo make up2", in the orgmode
> directory.
>
> But today when I did it, I get the following error:
>
> *******
> 3 unexpected results:
>    FAILED  test-org-export/data-with-backend
>    FAILED  test-org-export/export-snippet
>    FAILED  test-org-export/table-cell-alignment
>
> make[1]: *** [test-dirty] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vikas/lisp/org-mode'
> make: *** [up2] Error 2
> *******
>

> Looks like a bug to me. Could somebody check?

Confirmed: Org-mode version 8.0.7 (release_8.0.7-380-g2a28de @
/home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

I chased the first one a bit and it fails in
org-export-filter-apply-functions, in the following code:

    (let ((backend-name (org-export-backend-name (plist-get info :back-end))))

The (plist-get info :back-end) call returns nil and when I call

 (org-export-backend-name nil)

by hand, it does complain the same way:

org-export-backend-name accessing a non-org-export-backend

--
Nick

* Re: Upgrading orgmode
@ 2013-08-12  8:44   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-08-12  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:
>
>> I normally upgrade my orgmode using "sudo make up2", in the orgmode
>> directory.
>>
>> But today when I did it, I get the following error:
>>
>> *******
>> 3 unexpected results:
>>    FAILED  test-org-export/data-with-backend
>>    FAILED  test-org-export/export-snippet
>>    FAILED  test-org-export/table-cell-alignment
>>
>> make[1]: *** [test-dirty] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vikas/lisp/org-mode'
>> make: *** [up2] Error 2
>> *******
>>

>> Looks like a bug to me. Could somebody check?
>>

> Confirmed: Org-mode version 8.0.7 (release_8.0.7-380-g2a28de @
> /home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

This should now be fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou