* #+startup: noalign & C-c }
@ 2023-08-14 17:42 Edgar Lux
From: Edgar Lux @ 2023-08-14 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Orgmode

Hi! Is there a way to prevent resizing of a table with =org-table-toggle-coordinate-overlays=?

#+caption: there are some extra spaces after =1=, and before and after =b=.
#+begin_src org
,#+startup: noalign

| 1     | 2 |   b   |
#+end_src

When typing C-c } (command for =org-table-toggle-coordinate-overlays=) and then C-c } again to get out of that mode, the cells become

#+caption: the spaces are gone
#+begin_src org
| 1 | 2 | b |
#+end_src

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (emacs-version)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.36, cairo version 1.17.6)
:  of 2023-01-03

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (org-version)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: 9.5.5

Thanks!

P.S. Is it polite that I reply with a thanks? or is it better to stay silent to avoid the extra e-mail (reading on your side)?

--
Sent with https://mailfence.com
Secure and private email

* Re: #+startup: noalign & C-c }
@ 2023-08-15 11:38 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-08-15 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Lux; +Cc: Emacs Orgmode

Edgar Lux <edgarlux@mailfence.com> writes:

> Hi! Is there a way to prevent resizing of a table with =org-table-toggle-coordinate-overlays=?

There is no such user option.
Internally, `org-table-align' is what takes care about adding the
coordinate overlays, so it might be non-trivial to avoid the alignment.

> P.S. Is it polite that I reply with a thanks? or is it better to stay silent to avoid the extra e-mail (reading on your side)?

These things are filtered out automatically after seeing thousands of
emails. So, do not worry.

If you want to know posting rules, see
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-mailing-list.html#orgf51c63e

--