* org-clock-goto plus org-narrow-to-subtree?
@ 2010-04-12 13:05 Karsten Heymann
From: Karsten Heymann @ 2010-04-12 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi,

does anyone have a solution to combine org-clock-goto with
org-narrow-to-subtree, so that upon keypress I get a buffer with only
the currently clocked task in it? Maybe this could even become a
optional parameter for org-clock-goto?

Yours
Karsten

* Re: org-clock-goto plus org-narrow-to-subtree?
@ 2010-04-12 13:33 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-12 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karsten Heymann; +Cc: Org Mode

On Apr 12, 2010, at 3:05 PM, Karsten Heymann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anyone have a solution to combine org-clock-goto with
> org-narrow-to-subtree, so that upon keypress I get a buffer with only
> the currently clocked task in it? Maybe this could even become a
> optional parameter for org-clock-goto?

(defun my-clock-goto-narrow ()
    (interactive)
    (when (org-clock-is-active)
       (org-clock-goto)
       (org-narrow-to-subtree)))

(define-key global-map "\C-cc" my-clock-goto-narrow)

HTH

- Carsten

* Re: org-clock-goto plus org-narrow-to-subtree?
@ 2010-04-12 13:47   ` Karsten Heymann
From: Karsten Heymann @ 2010-04-12 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Karsten Heymann, Org Mode

Hi Carsten,

> On Apr 12, 2010, at 3:05 PM, Karsten Heymann wrote:
>> does anyone have a solution to combine org-clock-goto with
>> org-narrow-to-subtree, so that upon keypress I get a buffer with only
>> the currently clocked task in it? Maybe this could even become a
>> optional parameter for org-clock-goto?
>
> (defun my-clock-goto-narrow ()
>    (interactive)
>    (when (org-clock-is-active)
>       (org-clock-goto)
>       (org-narrow-to-subtree)))
>
> (define-key global-map "\C-cc" my-clock-goto-narrow)

Thanks, applied. :-)

@ 2010-04-12 14:25     ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-04-12 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Karsten Heymann <karsten.heymann@blue-cable.net> writes:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Apr 12, 2010, at 3:05 PM, Karsten Heymann wrote:
>>> does anyone have a solution to combine org-clock-goto with
>>> org-narrow-to-subtree, so that upon keypress I get a buffer with only
>>> the currently clocked task in it? Maybe this could even become a
>>> optional parameter for org-clock-goto?
>>
>> (defun my-clock-goto-narrow ()
>>    (interactive)
>>    (when (org-clock-is-active)
>>       (org-clock-goto)
>>       (org-narrow-to-subtree)))
>>
>> (define-key global-map "\C-cc" my-clock-goto-narrow)
>
> Thanks, applied. :-)

here is a slight variation I use which lists older clocked tasks if
there is not one already clocked in. It also restores the window layout.

,----
| (defun rgr/org-add-note-to-current-task ()
|   (interactive)
|     (save-window-excursion
|     (if(org-clock-is-active)
|         (org-clock-goto)
|       (org-clock-goto t))
|     (org-narrow-to-subtree)
|     (org-add-note)))
|
| (define-key global-map "\C-cn" 'rgr/org-add-note-to-current-task)
`----

* Re: org-clock-goto plus org-narrow-to-subtree?
@ 2010-04-12 19:54       ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-04-12 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Riley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> Karsten Heymann <karsten.heymann@blue-cable.net> writes:
>
>> Hi Carsten,
>>
>> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>>>
>>> (defun my-clock-goto-narrow ()
>>>    (interactive)
>>>    (when (org-clock-is-active)
>>>       (org-clock-goto)
>>>       (org-narrow-to-subtree)))
>>>
>>> (define-key global-map "\C-cc" my-clock-goto-narrow)
>>
>> Thanks, applied. :-)
>
> here is a slight variation I use which lists older clocked tasks if
> there is not one already clocked in. It also restores the window layout.
>
> ,----
> | (defun rgr/org-add-note-to-current-task ()
> |   (interactive)
> |     (save-window-excursion
> |     (if(org-clock-is-active)
> |         (org-clock-goto)
> |       (org-clock-goto t))
> |     (org-narrow-to-subtree)
> |     (org-add-note)))
> |
> | (define-key global-map "\C-cn" 'rgr/org-add-note-to-current-task)
> `----

And another variation...

F11 - calls org-clock-goto (from any buffer, any mode), and goes to the
last clocked task if the clock is not active.

F5 - narrows to subtree and calls org-show-todo-tree to show what there
is to do on that subtree.

I don't combine them into a single key - since I'm used to using F5 and
S-F5 to narrow and widen respectively.

,----
| (global-set-key (kbd "<f5>") 'bh/org-todo)
| (global-set-key (kbd "<S-f5>") 'bh/widen)
| (global-set-key (kbd "<f11>") 'org-clock-goto)
|
| (defun bh/org-todo ()
|   (interactive)
|   (org-narrow-to-subtree)
|   (org-show-todo-tree nil))