* QUESTION how to revert repeating sub-tasks?
@ 2010-05-17 14:14 Eraldo Helal
From: Eraldo Helal @ 2010-05-17 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

link: how to revert repeating sub-tasks? http://openpaste.org/en/21646/

I have a repeating tasks that looks like this:
,----
| * TODO daily review
|   SCHEDULED: <2010-01-01 .+1d>
|   :LOGBOOK:...
|   :PROPERTIES:...
| ** TODO task A...
| ** TODO task B...
`----

Problem:
    After I have marked the sub-tasks and main task (in that order) done,
    but the sub-tasks remain in 'DONE' state.

Longer problem description:
    I have blocking enables, so I can only mark the main repeating task 'DONE'
    after all the sub-tasks are 'DONE' as well.
    The main repeating task (daily review) works great.
    It reverts to 'TODO' with the new scheduled date (day after today)
    and leaves a note in the 'LOGBOOK'.
    However the sub-tasks remain in the 'DONE' state
    instead of reverting to 'TODO' as well.

Example: (based on example above with current date being 2010-05-17)
    - switched all sub-tasks to DONE
    - switched the main task to DONE
current output:
,----
| * TODO daily review
|   SCHEDULED: <2010-05-18 .+1d >
|   :LOGBOOK:...
|   :PROPERTIES:...
| ** DONE task A...
| ** DONE task B...
`----

desired output:
,----
| * TODO daily review
|   SCHEDULED: <2010-05-18 .+1d >
|   :LOGBOOK:...
|   :PROPERTIES:...
| ** TODO task A...
| ** TODO task B...
`----

I would prefer 'TODO's instead of checkboxed if possible.
Any ideas how to get there?

Greetings from Austria,
Eraldo