* Aliases questions (autocompletion)
@ 2011-07-31 12:36 Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2011-07-31 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I have started using aliases in bbdb and wonder if there is any setup to
autocomplete on defined aliases in the headers? Say, I have an alias
named "listofmembers" and want to mail them. I add this mail-alias field
to all relevant contacts, then in the "To" header type the full alias
"listofmembers" followed by TAB, this fills in the "To" header with the
group members email as expected. However, I would like to enable TAB
completion on alias names, e.g. if I type "lis" and TAB this should
ideally fill in the rest. Is this possible to achieve?

Second question, is there a clever way to list all mail aliases in BBDB,
and subsequently list all members of o select mail alias?

I am using bbdb 3.02 with No Gnus 0.18.

Thanks!
--
Johnny

* Re: Aliases questions (autocompletion)
@ 2011-07-31 20:46 ` Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2011-07-31 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I have started using aliases in bbdb and wonder if there is any setup to
> autocomplete on defined aliases in the headers? Say, I have an alias
> named "listofmembers" and want to mail them. I add this mail-alias field
> to all relevant contacts, then in the "To" header type the full alias
> "listofmembers" followed by TAB, this fills in the "To" header with the
> group members email as expected. However, I would like to enable TAB
> completion on alias names, e.g. if I type "lis" and TAB this should
> ideally fill in the rest. Is this possible to achieve?
>
> Second question, is there a clever way to list all mail aliases in BBDB,
> and subsequently list all members of o select mail alias?
>
> I am using bbdb 3.02 with No Gnus 0.18.
>
> Thanks!
Obviously the fat finger is omnipresent and I succeeded in spamming the
wrong mailing list with my troubles! Please accept my humblest of
apologies.
--
Johnny