* asymmetry between org-backward-sentence and org-forward-sentence around headings
@ 2017-09-11 19:04 Mat Vibrys
From: Mat Vibrys @ 2017-09-11 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

  Org file looks like following:

  * heading
    my line.

  when cursor is at beginning of file, `org-forward-sentence' goes to the
end of "my line.", which does not seem to be correct (heading is special
outline). Then calling `org-backward-sentence' behaves correctly, ie it
goes to the beginning of "my line.".

  To workaround the problem I kept on inserting dot at the end of each
heading. Until yesterday where I wanted to add link to heading from another
file. When dot is at the end of heading, then adding dot to the end of link
does not work.

  file:./fil.org::heading.

  correct behavior of `org-forward-sentence' would probably fix the
problem, ie I could remove dots from ends of all the headings

regards,
Mat

* Re: asymmetry between org-backward-sentence and org-forward-sentence around headings
@ 2017-09-12  7:07 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-09-12  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mat Vibrys; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mat Vibrys <vibrysec@gmail.com> writes:

>   Org file looks like following:
>
>   * heading
>     my line.
>
>   when cursor is at beginning of file, `org-forward-sentence' goes to the
> end of "my line.", which does not seem to be correct (heading is special
> outline). Then calling `org-backward-sentence' behaves correctly, ie it
> goes to the beginning of "my line.".

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: asymmetry between org-backward-sentence and org-forward-sentence around headings
@ 2017-10-07 21:13   ` Mat Vibrys
From: Mat Vibrys @ 2017-10-07 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas,
thank You for fix, I've just did some testing on it and found some contents
where assymetry still persists. cursor position is marked with <C-N-> and
IT IS NOT PART OF FILE CONTENTS.

* head1

  body1<C-1->

* head2

  body2<C-3->

* head3.

  body3

calling `org-forward-sentence' from <C-1-> will go to <C-3->, while IMO it
should not go that far, I mean it should stop somewhere BEFORE body2 line
and AFTER head2 line. This is where cursor is stopped when You travel from
<C-3-> using `org-backward-sentence'.

regards.

@ 2017-10-07 21:26     ` Mat Vibrys
From: Mat Vibrys @ 2017-10-07 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sorry,
my example contents does not seem to be proper. Dots are missing after all
the bodyX. correct one looks like following:

* head1

  body1.<C-1->

* head2

  body2.<C-3->

* head3

  body3.

calling `org-forward-sentence' from <C-1-> goes to <C-3->, while it should
to to somewhere after head2 and before body2. Calling
`org-backward-sentence' from <C-3-> goes before body2 and after head2,
which is correct.

regards,
Mat

@ 2017-10-08  8:37       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-10-08  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mat Vibrys; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mat Vibrys <vibrysec@gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry,
> my example contents does not seem to be proper. Dots are missing after all
> the bodyX. correct one looks like following:
>
> * head1
>
>   body1.<C-1->
>
> * head2
>
>   body2.<C-3->
>
> * head3
>
>   body3.
>
> calling `org-forward-sentence' from <C-1-> goes to <C-3->, while it should
> to to somewhere after head2 and before body2. Calling
> `org-backward-sentence' from <C-3-> goes before body2 and after head2,
> which is correct.

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: asymmetry between org-backward-sentence and org-forward-sentence around headings
@ 2017-10-29  9:54         ` Mat Vibrys
From: Mat Vibrys @ 2017-10-29  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode