* diagnosing SRC blocks with different output on export
@ 2020-07-27 12:35 Alexandre Duret-Lutz
From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz @ 2020-07-27 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Is there a way to mark certain SRC blocks such that if evaluating them
during export produces a result different from the one stored in the
file, then the export process aborts with an error?

I'm using org-mode to document an automaton library, and use org-babel
block to run some examples and have their output automatically
recomputed when the library is improved.  However, some examples
expect some specific automata to be produced, maybe because I discuss
some particularities of that example automaton in the text ; if an
update of the library causes this to change, I need to detect that
change to adjust all the text around it in the documentation, or find
a better exemple.   So I'd like org-mode to signal me that my expected
result is non-longuer what is produced by causing the export (and
therefore my build) to fail.

Can this be achieved already?

Reading https://orgmode.org/manual/Results-of-Evaluation.html it seems
like I'd like I'm asking for a new form of handling.  Something like
"compare" instead of "replace".

Best regards
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz