* [BUG] latex superscript and documentation bugs
@ 2010-04-28  0:57 Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-04-28  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Org:
x^{(0)}

becomes [note missing parenthesis]

LaTeX:
x$^{\mathrm{(0}}$

(Emacs 24 with Org 6.35i and also with current Org-mode HEAD)

Also, two possible documentation bugs:

1
=============================

http://orgmode.org/manual/Images-and-tables.html#Images-and-tables

says

    You can use the following lines somewhere before the table to assign
    a caption and a label for cross references, and in the text you can
    refer to the object with \ref{tab:basic-data}:

I think that is a LaTeX-specific comment in a non-LaTeX specific manual
section? Should it say "and if exporting to LaTeX, in the text you can
refer to the object..."?

2
==============================

In the docstring for org-export-latex-classes it says

    So a header like

      \documentclass{article}
      [NO-DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
      [EXTRA]
      \providecommand{\alert}[1]{\textbf{#1}}
      [PACKAGES]

    will omit the default packages,

I wonder whether it would be better to show the double backslashes (\\)
explicitly, seeing as the user will need to escape them in this way, or
at least to warn the reader.

Dan

* Re: [BUG] latex superscript and documentation bugs
@ 2010-04-28 15:22 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-28 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 28, 2010, at 2:57 AM, Dan Davison wrote:

> Org:
> x^{(0)}
>
> becomes [note missing parenthesis]
>
> LaTeX:
> x$^{\mathrm{(0}}$

This is now fixed.

> (Emacs 24 with Org 6.35i and also with current Org-mode HEAD)
>
> Also, two possible documentation bugs:
>
> 1
> =============================
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Images-and-tables.html#Images-and-tables
>
> says
>
>    You can use the following lines somewhere before the table to
> assign
>    a caption and a label for cross references, and in the text you can
>    refer to the object with \ref{tab:basic-data}:
>
> I think that is a LaTeX-specific comment in a non-LaTeX specific
> manual
> section? Should it say "and if exporting to LaTeX, in the text you can
> refer to the object..."?

No, this works also in HTML.  It should, anyway.

> 2
> ==============================
>
> In the docstring for org-export-latex-classes it says
>
>    So a header like
>
>      \documentclass{article}
>      [NO-DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
>      [EXTRA]
>      \providecommand{\alert}[1]{\textbf{#1}}
>      [PACKAGES]
>
>    will omit the default packages,
>
> I wonder whether it would be better to show the double backslashes (\
> \)
> explicitly, seeing as the user will need to escape them in this way,
> or
> at least to warn the reader.

You can add a warning - but this depends on whether you use customize
or not to edit the variable.

- Carsten

* Re: [BUG] latex superscript and documentation bugs
@ 2010-04-28 19:00   ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-04-28 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Apr 28, 2010, at 2:57 AM, Dan Davison wrote:
>
>> Org:
>> x^{(0)}
>>
>> becomes [note missing parenthesis]
>>
>> LaTeX: