* Possible orgalist issue
@ 2020-01-07  5:13 Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2020-01-07  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm running into an issue with the oralist package. However, I am
running some bleeding edge versions, so this might be something related
to one of them. Really wanted to see if anyone else has observed this
and to verify I am loading the package correctly.

The Problem:

When editing a message and oralist is loaded, when I get to the fill
column, the message "Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size"
is displayed in the echo error and the cursor jumps back to the
beginning of the current line (not to the next line as would be
expected). This only occurs if orgalist is loaded.

I'm loading orgalist as follows

(use-package orgalist
  :ensure t
  :config
  (add-hook 'mu4e-compose-mode-hook 'orgalist-mode))

I'm using mu4e from the git repository (current head version), Emacs
built from Emacs git repository (emacs-27 branch) and latest
org-plus-contrib package from the org repository.

Questions:

1. anyone else seeing this who is using Emacs 27.0.60
2. am I loading orgalist correctly?
3. anyone running latest mu4e (dev version) seeing this?

My suspicion is that it is related to the latest mu4e version, but
that is really just a guess.

--
Tim Cross