* [ANN] org-info-find-node: Jump from Org to specific Info
@ 2018-10-02 14:55 Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2018-10-02 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I just pushed command `org-info-find-node' bound to "C-c C-x I" by
default for Org files and agenda buffers.

`org-info-find-node' opens the Info section that deals with the Org
context at point.  For the cases I could not find a suitable Info
section `org-info-find-node' opens the top level Info section of Org.

This function emerged from a similar feature in the gnus package.

Ciao,
--
Marco

* Re: [ANN] org-info-find-node: Jump from Org to specific Info
@ 2018-10-02 19:43 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-10-02 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Wahl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Marco Wahl <marcowahlsoft@gmail.com> writes:

> I just pushed command `org-info-find-node' bound to "C-c C-x I" by
> default for Org files and agenda buffers.

Nitpick: Would you mind removing the dangling parens left in the
function?

Also, I'd like to avoid making changes to "master" branch. It should be
considered frozen while we're waiting for Org 9.2. Please install next
new features (that one is OK, I guess) in "next" branch, and rebase it
on top of "master".

Thank you!

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [ANN] org-info-find-node: Jump from Org to specific Info
@ 2018-10-03  7:40   ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2018-10-03  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> I just pushed command `org-info-find-node' bound to "C-c C-x I" by
>> default for Org files and agenda buffers.
>
> Nitpick: Would you mind removing the dangling parens left in the
> function?

Okay, thanks.  Consider it DONE.

> Also, I'd like to avoid making changes to "master" branch. It should be
> considered frozen while we're waiting for Org 9.2. Please install next
> new features (that one is OK, I guess) in "next" branch, and rebase it
> on top of "master".

Okay for the next feature I'll use the "next" branch.

It might be worth the effort to document the role of the "next" branch
somewhere.

Ciao,
--
Marco