* Viewing the agenda for a specific date
@ 2017-03-23 13:35 Luke
From: Luke @ 2017-03-23 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sometimes I would like to see the agenda as it would appear if I
generated it tomorrow. I know that I can change the date of the agenda
view using org-agenda-goto-date, but any tasks that are scheduled today
(or have a deadline set today, or in the past) don't appear in the
agenda views for any future dates.

This means that when I view the agenda for tomorrow, any tasks that are
specified to be done today don't appear. Ideally, what I'd like to do is
fool the org agenda into thinking that tomorrow's date is the current
date ("today").

I've Googled for this but haven't been able to find an answer either
way. Is there a way to 'fake' "today's date" when generating the agenda?

--
Luke

* Re: Viewing the agenda for a specific date
@ 2017-03-23 14:56 ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2017-03-23 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi.

Luke <mideniko1234-org@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Sometimes I would like to see the agenda as it would appear if I
> generated it tomorrow. I know that I can change the date of the agenda
> view using org-agenda-goto-date, but any tasks that are scheduled
> today (or have a deadline set today, or in the past) don't appear in
> the agenda views for any future dates.
>
> This means that when I view the agenda for tomorrow, any tasks that
> are specified to be done today don't appear. Ideally, what I'd like to
> do is fool the org agenda into thinking that tomorrow's date is the
> current date ("today").
>
> I've Googled for this but haven't been able to find an answer either
> way. Is there a way to 'fake' "today's date" when generating the
> agenda?

You could give https://melpa.org/#/hack-time-mode a try.

Best regards,

            Marco