* nested and partially emphasizing
@ 2011-08-26  9:17 joe
From: joe @ 2011-08-26  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

often discussed here, but seems have not lead to an actual solution
yet:

/italic/ *bold* _underlined_

works fine, but nested emphasizing not, as:

*This is /actually/ bold.*

Also partial emphasizing is not working by default:

Neither for bar*keeper* nor for *bar*keeper.

Not to speak about some further format stuff, like combinations with
text parts set higher or lower.

In my opinion the org-mode should be enhanced to support formatting as
handy as typical Wiki environments do. Also concerning limitations of
regular expressions.

Often I found very monosyllabic hints to the
org-emphasis-... variables. Anyone who knows a place where those
points already are discussed or even explained with some
comprehensible and working samples?

Thanks, Joe.